Windows 10: Default email app is mail but if I am in word and want to share a document it always opens...

Discus and support Default email app is mail but if I am in word and want to share a document it always opens... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HI. Can anyone help me? My default email app is Microsoft Mail but if I am in Word and want to share a document it always opens up Outlook and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mutedcensor, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Default email app is mail but if I am in word and want to share a document it always opens...

HI. Can anyone help me? My default email app is Microsoft Mail but if I am in Word and want to share a document it always opens up Outlook and I cannot find any other setting that will stop outlook opening and set it to Mail instead. Please help, it's dirving me nuts.

Thank you :-

:)

mutedcensor, Feb 8, 2021

2. I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Default email app is mail but if I am in word and want to share a document it always opens... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 8, 2021
  4. kjdawson1 Win User

Default email app is mail but if I am in word and want to share a document it always opens...

Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Default email app is mail but if I am in word and want to share a document it always opens...

1. Default email app is mail but if I am in word and want to share a document it always opens... - Similar Threads - Default email app

2. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  3. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  4. black page opening emails and Word documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black page opening emails and Word documents: There was an automatic upgrade to Windows 10 yesterday which I did not want but it started automatically and took about 2 hours. Now, when an email is opened, the page goes black and stays black until repeated left key presses get it to reveal the message. When scrolling down...
  5. Opening Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Word documents: Hi - As of yesterday evening I have been unable to open any documents either Word or PDF on my Lenovo ideapad laptop. Can anyone advise how to solve this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-word-documents/46f3303a-40c6-42bf-b342-3a6e5e41a494
  6. I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive

I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive: I cannot open a Word document attached to any email that I receive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-a-word-document-attached-to-any/931c1b4e-fab3-4900-96d9-183f0f98249e
  7. Listing document folders instead of "documents" when I want to open a word doc.

Listing document folders instead of "documents" when I want to open a word doc.: I have Windows 10. When I want to open a document in word, I click "Open" and options come up - I use "Browse" The list that comes up under "This PC" has a label "documents" but I want the list togo straight to the names of the different folders. This was the way I had it...
  8. I am not able to open MS Word documents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am not able to open MS Word documents.: I am having problem opening MS Word documents. It kept kicking me out or not even open. There is a notification "Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead." Please advise. Thank you! Ken...
  9. opening word documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening word documents: My laptop will not open current saved documents in word on desktop. A window opens and goes to reconfigure, then asks if I want to reboot. After reboot the same thing happens when I try to open a word document. This happens with all of word documents on desktop. However, word...
  10. I cannot open Word documents

I cannot open Word documents: My OS is Windows 10 and I have recently installed Office 365 but I cannot open either a new document docx or one attached to an email . While an error message sometimes appears it disappears off the screen before I can read it. Any suggestions as to what's going on and how to...