Windows 10: Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working

Discus and support Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried for ever to be able to email a photo from "photos" windows explorer, I've tried changing the default app in settings with no luck, what am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by christop88, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working

I have tried for ever to be able to email a photo from "photos" windows explorer, I've tried changing the default app in settings with no luck, what am I doing wrong?? can you help me with any sugestions

:)

christop88, Feb 5, 2019

2. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Default Mail Program not working

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the default Mail app issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows are you running on your computer?
    • Did you install a Microsoft Outlook?

In the meantime, we suggest checking the following threads to troubleshoot the error:

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Paul3531 Win User

Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working

"There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Program control panel."

I just set-up my windows 10 defaul mail program by adding its first account: my gmail account. Is my gmail account "One such email client"? Guess not, because having done so, failed to fix my "send in email" problem with the "Paint" program.
    However, if I right click on a graphics file within "file explorer" and then click "open with" and then click "Photos (i.e., Microsoft Photos 16.1118.10000.0)" from the list that appears, it opens my chosen graphics file within the Photos program.
    I can then successfully share the image via the "default Windows 10 Mail" program by clicking the share icon in the "Microsoft Photos 16.1118.10000.0" program.
    Note: The "email" function is offered in some of the other programs which appear in the aforementioned list of "open with" programs, but when their "email" button/link is clicked it gives the above error message: ~ "there is no email associated
    to perform the requested action... please create an association in the default programs control panel". So, you see, the "Photos (i.e., Microsoft Photos 16.1118.10000.0)" program does succeed in sharing via the "default Windows 10 Mail" program. All the other
    programs listed in the "open with" list of programs fail to share via email even if that function is present in their program.

Paul3531, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working

1. Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working - Similar Threads - Default Email Association

2. windows default email program on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows default email program on windows 10: There have been several posts regarding this, and several answers, none of which answered the original question.In Windows Explorer, right click on the file you want to send, select send to->mail recipient. Get message:"There is no email program associated to perform the...
  3. Creating association in the default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating association in the default program: Hi, I am trying to email a video from a file by send to and I get message "No email associated to perform the requested action. Create an association in the default program, in control panel" I have looked but not quite sure what I am expected to do. I have Outlook installed...
  4. Windows 10 Mail cannot be associated-get error "no email program associated"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail cannot be associated-get error "no email program associated": Only email client is the built-in Windows Mail. Computer used to have Office 360 trial which I do not want to buy and if I would right click on a file in File Explorer it would open Outlook which I never set up. I went to Default Apps and set Mail to the desktop Mail...
  5. Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program

Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program: I have repeatedly tried on many occasions to send photos to friends using the Mail and Calendar app but am stopped with a message 'Create an Association in the Default Programs Control Panel' I have really tried to manage this but have never yet been successful. I would...
  6. no default email program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no default email program: I have used Thunderbird for my email for years. Suddenly windows 10 tells me I have no default email program. I checked and Thunderbird is set as the default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-default-email-program/9f4074a3-8bfd-4ef7-9daa-924d0bc06067
  7. Associating a file type with a default program

Associating a file type with a default program: How can I change the association for a file type to an alternative application already installed? Using "control panel/default programs/assciate a file type or protocol with a program" dialogue always ends up showing the current default app plus the option of finding an...
  8. There is no email program associated

There is no email program associated: How do I fix this issue: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel." There is no Default Programs in the control...
  9. Windows 10 unable to change default program associations

Windows 10 unable to change default program associations: Running Version 1803 (17134.345) and I'm unable to change the default program associated with various file extensions. Basically I'd like to be able to use Notepad++ for a lot of text files, but no matter how many times I try to change it via Properties/Opens With or via...
  10. Default email association using Windows 10

Default email association using Windows 10: I have already set the default setting in the app, I used the recommended setting, but when I try to email a document I always get a message stating that there is no default email program association. Where do I go to fix this problem? Thanks for any help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. email association not working

2. my email has no association

3. what to fix if mail association is not working

4. default email program not working ,
  5. windows 10 send to default not working