Windows 10: Default email client changed after 1903

Discus and support Default email client changed after 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Lately since 1903 I'm seeing a periodic new screen telling me to set Outlook as my default email client because it thinks I don't have one set:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EP Pack, Sep 24, 2019.

1. EP Pack Win User

Default email client changed after 1903

Lately since 1903 I'm seeing a periodic new screen telling me to set Outlook as my default email client because it thinks I don't have one set:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

That is NOT correct, I DO have one set in Default Apps, a newish non-MS app called Pandora (a Eudora clone but rewritten from scratch for the modern world). Pandora, which has been working just fine, comes up if I click on an email address on a web page, for example. I've seen a bunch of posts here that have the same problem, but the solution is always to set it in Default Apps, which hasn't changed from Pandora at all.

I asked the Pandora author about this, and he suggested something that I think may predate 1903 as I don't see quite what he says I should:

"Click Settings/System Environment, uncheck and check mailer hit OK. When prompted again choose Pandora, and check Always/Remember."

I do see "System Environment Variables, tho, which presumably is what he meant. There are two sets of values, User and System variables, which point to executables in many of them. There is no entry for "Mailer" in either, which of course is probably why this problem, but I don't want to add it manually unless I know that's at least syntactically correct in case I Fubar something.

TIA

elaine

Charlotte NC

:)

EP Pack, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Sheri-D Win User

Default email client

Hello Denise,

To change the default mail client, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start menu.

2. Select settings.

3. Select the Apps icon.

4. Now click on Default apps.

5. Look for the email heading.

6. Click on the current default email client just below the heading.

7. The Choose an app menu should now be in view.

8. Click on the email client you wish to make the default app.

9. Close the Settings window.

I hope this helps.

Sheri-D, Sep 24, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Default email client changed after 1903

Default email client issue

Thx Karhicka_R.....I'd gone to: Apps- Settings-System-Default Apps and specified my email client; this didn't do it which was frustrating; your link led me to a different screen which seems to have done it!

roberthalle, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Default email client changed after 1903

1. Default email client changed after 1903 - Similar Threads - Default email client

2. Default email client in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default email client in File Explorer: When I to send a file from Microsoft office or from file explorer the program open for that is not the same as I have defined as predifine email client...
  3. Default email client in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default email client in File Explorer: When I to send a file from Microsoft office or from file explorer the program open for that is not the same as I have defined as predifine email client...
  4. Default email client in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows default email client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows default email client: In settings>default Apps I have Outlook set as my default email client However when I right click on a file and select "send to" and then "mail Recipient" windows 10 opens Thunderbird which I have installed but rarely use and know for a fact that it is not my default email...
  6. outlook default email client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook default email client: I get this error message when i try to install apple cloud error message ox8007706ba default client client not set in outlook, Although it is set. I have done a repair in outlook to no avail....
  7. changing default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing default email: When opening mail app, Windows opens with Outlook. I want the App to open with my att.net email. How do I change the default in order to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-email/8d8a7815-a2cb-4d3e-b730-e1ce1a3de3cc
  8. changing default email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing default email: I have an email that I use as a default and the backup email is long gone and we don't remember the password anymore how do we change the email now instead of waiting till a certain date....
  9. Default email client in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default email client in File Explorer: I want to update the default program for the Mail recipient shortcut file under the SendTo folder in File Explorer. Currently it is stuck on Windows Live Mail, which I no longer use (I have set Outlook2013 as my default email app in Windows10 settings) I followed the...
  10. Changing email default.

in Browsers and Email
    Changing email default.: I am attempting (my first attempt) to use mail merge. All goes ok until the very last where the system wants to default to Microsoft Outlook to send the emails away. I currently use Windows Live Mail. I do not wish to change my default to Outlook. How do I change the settings...