Windows 10: default email for windows 10 no default

Discus and support default email for windows 10 no default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 default e-mail client I cannot seem to get my default e-mail client straight. ". When I try to e-mail a document, I get the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DianeA2, May 8, 2019.

1. DianeA2 Win User

default email for windows 10 no default

Windows 10 default e-mail client

I cannot seem to get my default e-mail client straight. ". When I try to e-mail a document, I get the following message:

"There is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an e-mail program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs, Control Panel."

Also, I do not know how to create an association in the Default Programs.

Please help me. I am so frustrated. Has Microsoft fixed this problem yet? Frustrated is not the word , please fix this issue.

Thanks.

:)

DianeA2, May 8, 2019
  2. JillXP Win User

email will not set as a default

I just got windows 10 and I can't get either of my 2 email accounts to set as the default. I am trying to get either Windows Mail or Windows Outlook to be my default but neither will work. I have gone to control panel, set defaults, but the only mail
    listed in the defaults list is Windows Mail. I have set it as the default but when I try to send a picture via email it tells me there is no default email account. (in the default list it shows Windows Mail as being the default mail) If I right click on
    a photo in My Pictures folder I can't use the feature there to send a photo with email either. I finally decided to open a Outlook account to see if that would work but it is not in the list of defaults to choose from. Help! I have tried for days to do
    this. The emails work good for mail but as I said, I can't send a photo.

JillXP, May 8, 2019
  3. Default email client issue

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How exactly have you set the email client as default?
    I suggest you to follow the below article and refer to the section “Set default programs” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/set-program-access-computer-defaults

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 8, 2019
  4. default email for windows 10 no default

AOL email as default with windows 10

Hello Michael,

If you're referring to configuring the default email program of your Windows 10 device, you can modify it on
    Settings.

1. Select the Start button.
    2. Go to Settings > Apps > Default
      apps.
    3. Under Email, click the current default program.
    4. Select the desired program to be set as default email program.
    5. Restart your PC.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, May 8, 2019
Thema:

default email for windows 10 no default

1. default email for windows 10 no default - Similar Threads - default email default

2. Windows default email client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows default email client: In settings>default Apps I have Outlook set as my default email client However when I right click on a file and select "send to" and then "mail Recipient" windows 10 opens Thunderbird which I have installed but rarely use and know for a fact that it is not my default email...
  3. default email

in Windows 10 Customization
    default email: my default email is Thunderbird mail. I have it set to default. I have a video that I want to send to someone in my email list when I right click on the video and click sent to mail recipient it says there is no email associate for this . Does it not work in...
  4. Default email

Default email: Hi, I have windows 10 and an old version of Outlook (2007, which I still use occasionally for archived emails) but want to only use Mail. I have Mail as my default email program in settings. However whenever I use a 'send via email' type function in Word or Explorer, it...
  5. changing default email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing default email: I have an email that I use as a default and the backup email is long gone and we don't remember the password anymore how do we change the email now instead of waiting till a certain date....
  6. AOL email as default with windows 10

AOL email as default with windows 10: I keep getting windows outlook as a choice for email . Can anyone tell me how to set AOL email as default email ????? [Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10]...
  7. Default Email program

Default Email program: Hello I want to set Mozilla Thunderbirds as my email default client on MS Win 10 Pro , but I cant as this is no option in settings, neither when I go to Store. What can I do ? Thanks...
  8. Default Emails

in Browsers and Email
    Default Emails: I have just been in my default programs to change default email, it wont let me. Its Mail, or nothing. MS are seemingly very paranoid about not letting people actually THINK and choose their own preferences. I want to set gmail as my system default. At present, when I click...
  9. default email

in Browsers and Email
    default email: What do I do? The emailI want to use (outlook) is not listed as a choice in email in w10 100174
  10. Changing email default.

in Browsers and Email
    Changing email default.: I am attempting (my first attempt) to use mail merge. All goes ok until the very last where the system wants to default to Microsoft Outlook to send the emails away. I currently use Windows Live Mail. I do not wish to change my default to Outlook. How do I change the settings...