Windows 10: Default email

Discus and support Default email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 10 and an old version of Outlook (2007, which I still use occasionally for archived emails) but want to only use Mail. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jendoGX, Mar 15, 2019.

1. jendoGX Win User

Default email

Hi,

I have windows 10 and an old version of Outlook (2007, which I still use occasionally for archived emails) but want to only use Mail.

I have Mail as my default email program in settings.

However whenever I use a 'send via email' type function in Word or Explorer, it is always Outlook (2007) that opens.

How do I stop this from occurring and get it to just open Mail?

:)

jendoGX, Mar 15, 2019

2. "There is no associated email program to perform the requested action,install an email program or,if one is already installed,create an association in the Default Programs control panel"

Hello,

I suggest you to create an ssociate in the default apps and check if this helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From left pane select Default apps.
    • Under Email choose a default app and check if this helps.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 15, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default email :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 15, 2019
  4. dean98 Win User

Default email

HELP - how to add Nokia Mail as default email sender - Nokia E71

Perform the following steps:

• Press Menu.
    • Select Communication
    • Select Messaging
    • Select Options
    • Select Settings
    • Select Email

Verify the Default mailbox is set for Email

dean98, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Default email

1. Default email - Similar Threads - Default email

2. Office 2010, Outlook cant find default email folder-cant start cause a data file to send...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2010, Outlook cant find default email folder-cant start cause a data file to send...: I had my airplane mode issues. had to reinstall windows 10 backup outlook email first after getting things back set up outlook with email server setting from att. now starting email it always ask me if I want it to make changes then shows the subject line then closes....
  3. Windows doesn't respect default email program setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't respect default email program setting: I have a Surface Pro, it is fully updated. I have office 365, with Outlook installed. The default email program is set to the Windows 10 email client. It is not set to Outlook from Office. If I open folder with pictures in it with Windows Explorer. I right click on a...
  4. windows default email program on windows 10- there is none!!

windows default email program on windows 10- there is none!!: I try to send photos from software that I use and I always get the msg, there is no email associated, please install an email program or create one in the default programs control panel, Windows 10 just has "mail" there is NO default to choose from. When is Windows /...
  5. default email for windows 10 no default

default email for windows 10 no default: Windows 10 default e-mail client I cannot seem to get my default e-mail client straight. ". When I try to e-mail a document, I get the following message: "There is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an e-mail program or, if...
  6. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail: Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact,...
  7. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail: Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact,...
  8. Default email fails, set to Windows 10 Mail

Default email fails, set to Windows 10 Mail: In file explorer, right click on a file and select 'send to' and 'mail recipient'. The system responds that no email program ... etc. In settings, the default is set to mail, and various resolutions offered by this forum (over the last few years) have been tried without...
  9. changing default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing default email: When opening mail app, Windows opens with Outlook. I want the App to open with my att.net email. How do I change the default in order to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-email/8d8a7815-a2cb-4d3e-b730-e1ce1a3de3cc
  10. Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working: I have tried for ever to be able to email a photo from "photos" windows explorer, I've tried changing the default app in settings with no luck, what am I doing wrong?? can you help me with any sugestions...