Windows 10: default email

Discus and support default email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What do I do? The emailI want to use (outlook) is not listed as a choice in email in w10 100174 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Herm61, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Herm61 Win User

default email

What do I do? The emailI want to use (outlook) is not listed as a choice in email in w10

:)

Herm61, Dec 11, 2017

2. Email default

Hi and thanks for your response.

Firstly, no, my email is not an app. It is web based with Virginmedia .

I don't think I do get an error message when I try to send a link from the Internet Web page, however nor do I get the email communication box up?

I Can't really understand why it doesn't work as it used to work under Windows 7.

Elaine Davies, Dec 11, 2017
  3. email default

So would like to be able to send document from windows 10 to email recipient but It says I have to set up a default email. but in searching online for some answers it says it can't be a website or an app. I use an app for my email. so how do I get this to
    work

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

KristieWagner, Dec 11, 2017
  4. default email

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 14, 2017
Thema:

default email

1. default email - Similar Threads - default email

2. Sending files direct from Windows 10 File Explorer even though my default email program is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sending files direct from Windows 10 File Explorer even though my default email program is...: When I try and send files direct from Windows 10 File Explorer using Send to>Mail recipient>, and then use choices available for file size to attach (smaller/small/medium/large/original size), the system opens up Outlook email program to do so. This even when my default email...
  3. Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acrobat Reader DC doesn't recognize Thunderbird x64 as default email client: Hi, We used Windows 7 x64 with Thunderbird x86 on our company, and we have pdf form with send by email button. That means the user fill the form, press the button, and the form is autoatached to an email with subject and destination filled. But now we are migrating to...
  4. Default email client changed after 1903

Default email client changed after 1903: Lately since 1903 I'm seeing a periodic new screen telling me to set Outlook as my default email client because it thinks I don't have one set: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft...
  5. Default mail app can no longer send emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default mail app can no longer send emails: I've been using the default mail app for a few years now, with it linked to my icloud email to send and receive through that. This has always worked fine, until today; now I am unable to send emails through the Mail app. I get this message: "Send error: We weren't able to...
  6. My One Drive account defaults to my personal msn email. I want to set up a one drive link...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My One Drive account defaults to my personal msn email. I want to set up a one drive link...: Hi I have One Drive installed on my Surface Pro 5. However, it is tied to my personal msn email address. I want to establish a link to my Office365 Account where most of my business files should be stored. The One Drive automatically defaults to the personal address and I...
  7. I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird

I can't make Outlook default email client - conflict with Thunderbird: I am struggling to set Outlook as default email client . I selected it in Settings>APps>Default apps but when trying to share a file (e.g. Word) from within, it is attached to my Thunderbird client....
  8. Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10: I am having an issue with the built-in Mail app service in Windows 10. It continuously pop-ups by asking to add an account. When added an account, it now asks to re-enter the password. Still, each time I close the mail window, it appears over all the other apps continuously....
  9. Office 2010, Outlook cant find default email folder-cant start cause a data file to send...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2010, Outlook cant find default email folder-cant start cause a data file to send...: I had my airplane mode issues. had to reinstall windows 10 backup outlook email first after getting things back set up outlook with email server setting from att. now starting email it always ask me if I want it to make changes then shows the subject line then closes....
  10. Windows doesn't respect default email program setting

Windows doesn't respect default email program setting: I have a Surface Pro, it is fully updated. I have office 365, with Outlook installed. The default email program is set to the Windows 10 email client. It is not set to Outlook from Office. If I open folder with pictures in it with Windows Explorer. I right click on a...