Windows 10: Default Emails

Discus and support Default Emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have just been in my default programs to change default email, it wont let me. Its Mail, or nothing. MS are seemingly very paranoid about not letting... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Apr 20, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

Default Emails

I have just been in my default programs to change default email, it wont let me. Its Mail, or nothing. MS are seemingly very paranoid about not letting people actually THINK and choose their own preferences. I want to set gmail as my system default. At present, when I click on a email link in a site it takes me to google.co.uk which of course is NOT an email address.

:)

elbmek, Apr 20, 2016

2. Email default

Hi and thanks for your response.

Firstly, no, my email is not an app. It is web based with Virginmedia .

I don't think I do get an error message when I try to send a link from the Internet Web page, however nor do I get the email communication box up?

I Can't really understand why it doesn't work as it used to work under Windows 7.

Elaine Davies, Apr 20, 2016
  3. email default

So would like to be able to send document from windows 10 to email recipient but It says I have to set up a default email. but in searching online for some answers it says it can't be a website or an app. I use an app for my email. so how do I get this to
    work

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

KristieWagner, Apr 20, 2016
  4. elbmek Win User

Default Emails

Sorted. I have a new Logitech wireless keyboard. I downloaded Setpoint and it allows me to open mail, from default key, to anything specified.

elbmek, Apr 20, 2016
  5. Thanks. We've got Win10 newly installed and setpoint has - I think - been upgraded. But where in setpoint is the default email setup?

muymalestado, Jul 15, 2016
  6. elbmek Win User
    Isn't it in Control Panel - default programs ?? I have just changed browser from Vivaldi (FB issues) to Chrome via that location.

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Default Emails

1. Default Emails - Similar Threads - Default Emails

2. Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email default app opens up repeatedly in Windows 10: I am having an issue with the built-in Mail app service in Windows 10. It continuously pop-ups by asking to add an account. When added an account, it now asks to re-enter the password. Still, each time I close the mail window, it appears over all the other apps continuously....
  3. Office 2010, Outlook cant find default email folder-cant start cause a data file to send...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2010, Outlook cant find default email folder-cant start cause a data file to send...: I had my airplane mode issues. had to reinstall windows 10 backup outlook email first after getting things back set up outlook with email server setting from att. now starting email it always ask me if I want it to make changes then shows the subject line then closes....
  4. Windows doesn't respect default email program setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't respect default email program setting: I have a Surface Pro, it is fully updated. I have office 365, with Outlook installed. The default email program is set to the Windows 10 email client. It is not set to Outlook from Office. If I open folder with pictures in it with Windows Explorer. I right click on a...
  5. windows default email program on windows 10- there is none!!

windows default email program on windows 10- there is none!!: I try to send photos from software that I use and I always get the msg, there is no email associated, please install an email program or create one in the default programs control panel, Windows 10 just has "mail" there is NO default to choose from. When is Windows /...
  6. default email for windows 10 no default

default email for windows 10 no default: Windows 10 default e-mail client I cannot seem to get my default e-mail client straight. ". When I try to e-mail a document, I get the following message: "There is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an e-mail program or, if...
  7. Default email

Default email: Hi, I have windows 10 and an old version of Outlook (2007, which I still use occasionally for archived emails) but want to only use Mail. I have Mail as my default email program in settings. However whenever I use a 'send via email' type function in Word or Explorer, it...
  8. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail: Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact,...
  9. Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Changing the default email address in Microsoft Mail: Hello! I have five different email addresses that I check on my Win10 laptop using Microsoft Mail. Mail is defaulting to opening the top one every time I kick off the Mail icon pinned at the bottom. But that's just the last one that I added, not the one I use most. In fact,...
  10. Default email fails, set to Windows 10 Mail

Default email fails, set to Windows 10 Mail: In file explorer, right click on a file and select 'send to' and 'mail recipient'. The system responds that no email program ... etc. In settings, the default is set to mail, and various resolutions offered by this forum (over the last few years) have been tried without...