Windows 10: Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login

Discus and support Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. About two months ago, I started experimenting with 3rd party themes and icons for Windows, and when I got bored and wanted default back, my file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamuelHernández Cifuentes, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login

Hello. About two months ago, I started experimenting with 3rd party themes and icons for Windows, and when I got bored and wanted default back, my file explorer icon would not reset for any reason. No matter how many times I rebuilt icon cache, no matter how many other themes I applied or whether if I patched the system or not, File Explorer was still refusing to go back to default, or even change its icon for that matter. I have tried pretty much everything, looked on every source out there. I'm desperate, I wan't my icons back for the next update. Also, my Windows color is red on my user, but on login it is default blue, even though I'm the only user of this machine Omen 15. There is also a problem with the icons on search menu, some icons, such as Groove's, are just the .jpg files blue background white mountain icon. I really do not know how to fix this, and need help. Thanks in advance

Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login 04ffab45-65c9-4e49-8308-5ab045f62579?upload=true.png

Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login 98f7ce30-f467-4959-9213-bd7522c65d72?upload=true.png

:)

SamuelHernández Cifuentes, Jan 15, 2021

2. missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10

Is there a way to find missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10

RobinSinden, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Windows icons missing and all files pictures are showing as thumbnails

Hi there,

My name is Jocelyn, an independent advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user happy to help.

Please try the following steps for your Files, Pictures, and Documents:

Open Windows Explorer, click on View, then click on Options and Change folder and search options.

Click on the View tab and check the box that says Always show icons, never thumbnails and uncheck the box that says Display file icon on Thumbnails.

Now you should see all the icons your pictures, files, and documents.

For your Windows icons that are missing:

Please follow the suggestions on the below-mentioned article:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/...

https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-windows-10-apps...

If none of these work, you can perform a system restore back to the state where everything was working.

Please refer to this link for the steps. Select Restore from a system restore point.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

I hope this would help. Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,

Jocelyn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

JocelynYbanez, Jan 15, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login

Missing file type icons in Explorer

Hi, try this free program and post a screenshot like this

Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login [​IMG]

for a couple of different examples.

dalchina, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login

1. Default File Explorer icon is missing, app thumbnails missing, different color at login - Similar Threads - Default File Explorer

2. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  3. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  4. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. file explorer thumbnails missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer thumbnails missing: I have asked for help before in this forum and a few responses have temporarily fixed the problem. I would really like a permanent fix. I have tried several of the fixes such as... Uncheck the box next to Always show icons, never thumbnails.and... File Explorer can also bug...
  6. file explorer thumbnails missing

file explorer thumbnails missing: I have asked for help before in this forum and a few responses have temporarily fixed the problem. I would really like a permanent fix. I have tried several of the fixes such as... Uncheck the box next to Always show icons, never thumbnails.and... File Explorer can also bug...
  7. No Thumbnail Previews for Explorer Windows in Taskbar & App Icons missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Thumbnail Previews for Explorer Windows in Taskbar & App Icons missing: [ATTACH] Hi, I got this weird problem recently, If I open one window in explorer it shows the thumbnail when I hover my mouse over them. but after opening multiple explorer windows (even 2 windows), it stops showing the thumbnails & goes like this, I tried every solution...
  8. missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10

missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10: Is there a way to find missing thumbnails in File Explorer Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-thumbnails-in-file-explorer-windows-10/587fafac-8b1e-4288-86e1-6751f6760a1a"
  9. File explorer missing thumbnails

File explorer missing thumbnails: How to find thumbnails instead of icons in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-missing-thumbnails/57dcfeb0-3cff-4a19-9a9a-2dcd3f113775"
  10. Missing file type icons in Explorer

Missing file type icons in Explorer: Hi all, I'm using Windows 10 ver. 1703. Since the last major update, the file explorer shows a blank icon for many file types instead of the associated application (such as Adobe Acrobat, Excel, Word etc.). The files are still associated correctly and re-associating them...