Windows 10: Default File Explorer

Discus and support Default File Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! There is a secret file explorer menu in windows and I want to use it as my default because I like the design. Any tips to make it the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lackmey, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Default File Explorer

Hello! There is a secret file explorer menu in windows and I want to use it as my default because I like the design. Any tips to make it the default file explorer on my system?

submitted by /u/Lackmey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lackmey, Dec 14, 2019

2. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 14, 2019
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Default File Explorer

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Default File Explorer

1. Default File Explorer - Similar Threads - Default File Explorer

2. Default email client in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default email client in File Explorer: When I to send a file from Microsoft office or from file explorer the program open for that is not the same as I have defined as predifine email client...
  3. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  4. Default file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default file explorer: I recently downloaded an app called "Files" from the Microsoft Store and It's exactly like the file explorer but just more modern, although when I go to open a folder from my desktop, my laptop still opens it with the default Windows 10 file explorer. Is there a way to change...
  5. Change the default file explorer

Change the default file explorer: I recently downloaded “files” from windows store, its a more modern and simple file explorer. Is it a way to change the default file explorer? submitted by /u/CandidSchedule1281 [link] [comments]...
  6. Changing default File Explorer.

Changing default File Explorer.: How can I change the default File Explorer in Windows 10? The legacy Explorer takes too long to load some files in a folder, so I'm using an alternative (Files UWP Preview). It's better, load times are shorter so I've decided to change the default explorer to Files UWP (if...
  7. File Explorer Default settings

File Explorer Default settings: When I open File Explorer for the first time I want to control what it displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-default-settings/bab1ad48-2bd1-44ca-bc3c-03b61bd46647
  8. change default file explorer?

change default file explorer?: Recently I found and installed an app called Files UWP and while I like it very much, I can't find any way to make it my default file explorer submitted by /u/KibSquib47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hh2stm/change_default_file_explorer/
  9. The Default Windows 10 File Explorer.

The Default Windows 10 File Explorer.: Is there any way of completely changing the default Windows File Explorer to another one? As to set the new File Explorer to the default, so when a folder opens the new File Explorer opens it and not the Build-In one. In my case is I'm using a custom File Explorer and I want...
  10. New File explorer - default an abomination

in Browsers and Email
    New File explorer - default an abomination: Hi folks Who else like me (For Eng scholars me is correct -- Cambridge UK graduates think it should be "Like I" however use the plural and nobody would say "Like WE " in this contest -- they'd always say "Like US" !!! -- only mention because that cost my colleague in a Bar...