Windows 10: Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents

Discus and support Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do i reset my This Pc folder icons and names and files? I think it was mixed up while trying to move folder location to one drive. See... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by I.D.T, Mar 15, 2020.

1. I.D.T Win User

Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents

How do i reset my This Pc folder icons and names and files? I think it was mixed up while trying to move folder location to one drive. See image Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents ad54cb48-e529-4fac-9167-f10219fca788?upload=true.jpg

:)

I.D.T, Mar 15, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 15, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    My Documents Files - Deleted?

I have a PC where I have moved My Docs away from my C: to my E: so i can perhaps suggest a few things to check.

1. The documents and settings folder will still be present on your C: (although unused)
    2. My Documents on my E: is shown as E:\Data (do you have a similar directory)
    3. Is your missing data in this \Data folder if it exists?
    4. If you click the My Documents shortcut does it take you to the default C:\doc and settings\blah blah, or does it take you to the \Data folder?

Ive had a similar issue with an application resetting the My Docs path back to its orig location and in essence orphaning the My Docs on my E:

IggSter, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents

Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ?

Several older versions of Windows insisted upon saving everything to the Desktop but as suggested the Default for later versions has been the Documents Folder under Users, USERNAME. You can change that setting in later versions to a Folder of your choice, and Yes, the Desktop is a Folder itself when looking at the hierarchy in File Explorer.

Berton, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents - Similar Threads - Default Folders File

2. Documents And Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents And Desktop folders: Hi,My friend helped me to build a pc recently and I have had a problem where my documents and desktop folders are merged into one. Would really appreciate any ways of suggestions for fixing.Thanks...
  3. Documents And Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents And Desktop folders: Hi,My friend helped me to build a pc recently and I have had a problem where my documents and desktop folders are merged into one. Would really appreciate any ways of suggestions for fixing.Thanks...
  4. Documents And Desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing folder type default to Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing folder type default to Documents: I work with a lot of media files music / video and jpgs and frequently when I set a folder with one of this I get a bunch of utterly useless column headings which relate to album or music tracks, whereas without exception what I actually need is documents folder view each and...
  6. Documents and Downloads Folder

Documents and Downloads Folder: I have a problem, my documents and downloads folder is merged, they have the same name and I can't separate them. When I try to restore them to their default location, they both change their location. [ATTACH]...
  7. Changing the Default documents Folder

Changing the Default documents Folder: Hello. In my new PC my default documents folder is C:\Users\****\OneDrive\Documents and I would like to change it to just C:\Users\****\Documents as every app's document data is by default saved there and it slows down my connection when it uploads those files in the cloud....
  8. default "Documents" folder

default "Documents" folder: Can someone help me change my default "Documents" folder setting? What happened, I believe, is that when I was first installing W10, I was happily clicking through the setup checkboxes, asking if you want this there and that here, and something else over in this place. At...
  9. Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer: Hi, For some reason since refreshing my Windows 10 installation, the Documents folder under This PC now points to the Documents folder on my One Drive. It always used to point to the documents folder in my users/(username) directory on my hard drive, and since this is the...
  10. Documents folder to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder to desktop: W10, home version. I don't know why, but my Documents folder has disappeared from the desktop but is still available in the Start menu. How can I move it back to the desktop? Thanks for any replies. 124788