Windows 10: Default Folders Sharing Path

Discus and support Default Folders Sharing Path in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I was trying to set up a brand new laptop to store the default folders (Pictures, Videos and Music) in the D: drive instead of the C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lommech, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Default Folders Sharing Path

Hello everyone!

I was trying to set up a brand new laptop to store the default folders (Pictures, Videos and Music) in the D: drive instead of the C: drive as it is larger.

Unfortunately, I must have set the folders on the same path, and now I can't separate them. Now, they all share the same name and path, and when one changes name and path, the others do as well.

Resetting the path to the default restores the Pictures folder path, but then they all change to that path.

Is there any way to set the path other than the folder properties? Or a way to reset those default folders? TIA

submitted by /u/lommech
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lommech, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Default Folders Sharing Path :)

Frogger, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Sharing a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue.

To know the username of your computer, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the Command prompt icon and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Type whoami in Command Prompt window and press Enter.
    4. You will find the username of the computer, use the username and your password to access the file from the shared folder.

However, if the above steps didn’t help, I suggest you to turn off password protected sharing and check if that helps.

To turn off password protected sharing, please follow the steps mentioned below on your laptop:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type Control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
    4. Click on Change advance sharing settings.
    5. Under All Networks, click on
      Turn off password protected sharing

Hope it helps.

Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Samuria Win User

Default Folders Sharing Path

Folder share issue involving network path

Welcome to the forum. If you are trying to share a users folder that is a problem as even if your on the PC as admin by default you can't access another users documents folder etc. Create a folder away from the users path and share that when you share a folder you set permissions on the share but the NTFS permissions then kick in and if they are set to deny you won't get in as with any users folder

Samuria, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Default Folders Sharing Path

1. Default Folders Sharing Path - Similar Threads - Default Folders Sharing

2. organize shared folder by type by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    organize shared folder by type by default: Dear all,I have a minor issue, that is nonetheless causing me a bit of frustration. I am preparing lectures across several computers work and home desktop using OneDrive. Because I use LaTeX to typeset my slides, I prefer to view my files in the working folder as "details"...
  3. organize shared folder by type by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    organize shared folder by type by default: Dear all,I have a minor issue, that is nonetheless causing me a bit of frustration. I am preparing lectures across several computers work and home desktop using OneDrive. Because I use LaTeX to typeset my slides, I prefer to view my files in the working folder as "details"...
  4. organize shared folder by type by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Python default path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Python default path: Hello, is there any way I can specify the global python path? For whatever reason it is set to the one which comes with Inkscape...Is there any way I can change the 3.10.2 path to the system one?Thank you...
  6. Python default path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Python default path: Hello, is there any way I can specify the global python path? For whatever reason it is set to the one which comes with Inkscape...Is there any way I can change the 3.10.2 path to the system one?Thank you...
  7. How to change default path of folders to different drive

How to change default path of folders to different drive: I have new Dell computer with a 256GB SSD C: drive and 2TB HDD D:Drive. The SSD drive will fill up quickly as it is default location for all downloads and everything else - My Documents, etc. I partitioned the D drive so that a User B has a storage section and I have one,...
  8. Change Network Path for Network File and Folder Sharing

Change Network Path for Network File and Folder Sharing: I would like to change my Network Path name. If I right click on my C drive, click on Properties, click on the Sharing tab and in the Network File and Folder Sharing section my Network Path name is \\Desktop-uuor7m6\c How am I able to change the Network Path name? Thank...
  9. Folder share issue involving network path

Folder share issue involving network path: You're welcome. I had one last thought about HomeGroup but figured you would have mentioned that by now.
  10. What is the hidden shared folder "default" for?

What is the hidden shared folder "default" for?: i try to remove it i cant, i cant change any permissions either for it, also cant find no information regarding it on google! 88046