Windows 10: default format greyed out

Discus and support default format greyed out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello i have windows 11 home, so i can't change default format setting in control paneli can't change the default format because its grayed out. any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by faizan agasthya, Oct 22, 2022.

1. default format greyed out

hello i have windows 11 home, so i can't change default format setting in control paneli can't change the default format because its grayed out. any solution for this?

:)

faizan agasthya, Oct 22, 2022
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 22, 2022
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 22, 2022
  4. kormath Win User

default format greyed out

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done default format greyed out :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 22, 2022
Thema:

default format greyed out

1. default format greyed out - Similar Threads - default format greyed

2. In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. On other option available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  3. In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In my laptop, I can't audio format which is greyed out.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. On other option available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  4. USB greyed out after format interrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB greyed out after format interrupted: Hi,I was formatting quick format not selected a USB drive and it got accidentally disconnected from the machine. Now the USB is greyed out in My PC and the PC doesn't seem to recognise it all. So far I have to no avail tried to:1 - Uninstall USB Mass Storage Device in Device...
  5. USB greyed out after format interrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB greyed out after format interrupted: Hi,I was formatting quick format not selected a USB drive and it got accidentally disconnected from the machine. Now the USB is greyed out in My PC and the PC doesn't seem to recognise it all. So far I have to no avail tried to:1 - Uninstall USB Mass Storage Device in Device...
  6. USB greyed out after format interrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. default format greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default format greyed out: hello i have windows 11 home, so i can't change default format setting in control paneli can't change the default format because its grayed out. any solution for this?...
  8. restore plan default option greyed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    restore plan default option greyed out: Please help me guys after the update to 20h2 my pc won't shutdown or hibernate now i just wanna reset the power plan but the option is greyed out pls give me a solution to get it back [ATTACH]...
  9. Headphones Advanced Format Settings Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones Advanced Format Settings Greyed Out: So I've been trying to turn up the sound quality on my headphones just to see what it's like. What I do is go to the sound control panel and open the properties for my headphones, then I navigate to the "Advanced" tab to change the default format, but once I get there the...
  10. Default format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default format: I had a Realtek 892 built in sound chip. I want to know what is the best default sound format to set at Realtek HD audio manager ? Is it 24bit 44.1 khz, 24bit 48 khz, 24bit 96khz or 24bit 192khz ? I use my pc for listerning to mp3 (44.1khz) and gaming (48khz). 146258