Windows 10: Default format Outlook 2013: HTML

Discus and support Default format Outlook 2013: HTML in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have a question. In my environment i want all people to use HTML format as standard in Outlook 2013. So when somebody forwards an email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ExclusiveTweety, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Default format Outlook 2013: HTML

Hi Guys,

I have a question. In my environment i want all people to use HTML format as standard in Outlook 2013. So when somebody forwards an email that is in plain text, i want him to send his mail in HTML, instead of plain text too.

I installed an ADMX template for Outlook 2013 in my GPO and modified this setting:
    Microsoft Outlook 2013/Outlook Options/Mail Format/Internet Formatting/ Message Format: Disabled.

Why Disabled? Because the gpo says: 'If you disable this policy setting, Outlook uses HTML as the default e-mail format and users will not be able to change it'.

It doesn't work. When i forward a plain text email, it changes my body and signature in plain text too.

I found something on the internet for a registry setting for Editor Preference in HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\outlook\options\mail.
    I made a Editor Preference but i can't find the right decimal for it.

Can somebody help me with this?

:)

ExclusiveTweety, Aug 22, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Send in plain text format

If you are using Outlook by default Emails are HTML Click the File tab Click Options Click Mail Under Compose messages, in the Compose messages in this format list Click Plain Text

DaveM121, Aug 22, 2017
  3. BradGuyer Win User
    Mail Application doesn't show attachments sometimes

Hi, I'm having the issue where attachments aren't showing in the Mail app and it appears certain senders attachments consistently don't come through. I'm using the Windows 10 Mail app connected to gmail. I haven't been able to confirm how certain senders
    are sending messages but I believe they are using Outlook 2013 with Exchange server. I'm guessing some users may be sending with Outlook RTF mail message format. HTML formatted message attachments come through fine. Plain text formatted messages come through
    fine. Outlook calendar messages from Outlook with Exchange back end come through as RTF and consistently I can't see the attachments on those. Smoking gun?

BradGuyer, Aug 22, 2017
Thema:

Default format Outlook 2013: HTML

1. Default format Outlook 2013: HTML - Similar Threads - Default format Outlook

2. Outlook 2013 Address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2013 Address book: I bought a new PC and lost my Outlook 2013 address book in the transfer. I downloaded iphone contacts via a vcard into my contacts. However, when I type a name into the To: box for a new message, Outlook is looking for email addresses, not my contact's name. How do I get it...
  3. Outlook 365 rule to save a copy of message in HTML format

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 rule to save a copy of message in HTML format: Hello. I'm using Outlook 365 on Windows 10 version 1903. I want to include a rule of the following form; "when a message arrives with specified words in the sender address, save a copy of the message in HTML format in my Documents folder." I have searched the options in the...
  4. Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook 2013: I bought Outlook 2013 a few years ago downloaded from Microsoft. I have a new laptop. Can I download it onto the new computer too. I am not sure how many computers are allowed. It is a program, not Outlook.com...
  5. Outlook 2013 connections...

Outlook 2013 connections...: Outlook 2013 has eight email accounts setup, none of them are from Microsoft, that works just fine. Windows 10 v.1809 has no Microsoft accounts either, local UIDs only. Starting up Outlook, it connects the these URLs first: roaming.officeapps.live.com...
  6. Outlook 2013 change my system date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2013 change my system date format: Hi all, I have Microsoft Office Standard 2013 MAK version installed in my laptop which running Windows 10 Professional 1809. I am using English (Malaysia) region, I have set my date format from the default d/M/yyyy to dd/MM/yyyy. However, my date format will keep reset to...
  7. Outlook 2013 freezing

Outlook 2013 freezing: Hi I run two computers one a pc and one a laptop both running windows 10 with the latest updates so both on the same version. I also use office 2013 (32 bit)on both computes My problem is if I launch outlook 2013 (Part of the office 2013) on the pc it runs just fine but on...
  8. Default Applications - Can't select Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Default Applications - Can't select Outlook 2013: Hi, I have Office 2016 but have to use Outlook 2013 due to Exchange limitations for my corporate email account All works well except when choosing default applications the list only has Outlook 2016 This is a problem as I want to configure the MAILTO (URL:MailTo) protocol...
  9. Outlook 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013: Creating "New Email" just stopped working as it normally does. It shows in the task bar as "Untiltled - Message" but does not show in Outlook and when I click on the mini window, I only see the desktop. Very strange. Just began today. 43259
  10. Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor: OK so I have Word 2013 installed and I want it to be the HTML editor in IE 11 [Version 11.0.10240.16431 loaded]. The Internet Options page for HTML editing on my PC only allows me to choose Notepad. How do I add to the drop down menu WORD or is this desired...