Windows 10: Default format

Discus and support Default format in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a Realtek 892 built in sound chip. I want to know what is the best default sound format to set at Realtek HD audio manager ? Is it 24bit 44.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by teots, Dec 12, 2019.

1. teots Win User

Default format

I had a Realtek 892 built in sound chip. I want to know what is the best default
    sound format to set at Realtek HD audio manager ? Is it 24bit 44.1 khz, 24bit 48 khz,
    24bit 96khz or 24bit 192khz ? I use my pc for listerning to mp3 (44.1khz) and gaming (48khz).

:)

teots, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 12, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Default format

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default format :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Default format

1. Default format - Similar Threads - Default format

2. how to restore desktop icon in default file format with cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore desktop icon in default file format with cmd: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-desktop-icon-in-default-file-format/f9cf36bf-83ef-451d-9aaa-04d533d3a240
  3. how to restore desktop icon in default file format with cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to restore desktop icon in default file format with cmd: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-desktop-icon-in-default-file-format/f9cf36bf-83ef-451d-9aaa-04d533d3a240
  4. Windows 11 default photos cannot open two files in webp format but with the file name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 default photos cannot open two files in webp format but with the file name...: Note: The software here uses the "Photos" that comes with Windows 11, not the "Windows Photo Viewer"Replay scene:1. Name the two images in jpg format original1.jpg and original2.jpg, convert them into webp format, and then change the converted file suffix to .jpg, which is...
  5. Windows 11 default photos cannot open two files in webp format but with the file name...

Windows 11 default photos cannot open two files in webp format but with the file name...: Note: The software here uses the "Photos" that comes with Windows 11, not the "Windows Photo Viewer"Replay scene:1. Name the two images in jpg format original1.jpg and original2.jpg, convert them into webp format, and then change the converted file suffix to .jpg, which is...
  6. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...
  7. Why can't i change microphone default format

Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...
  8. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages

Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages: Conditions: My Windows is set up with English US as its primary language. However, I vastly prefer Russian date&time format dd.mm.yyyy and 24h, so I set it after the initial setup. I think this is where the problems come from.Problems: Some applications of recent note, Nearby...
  10. Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages: Conditions: My Windows is set up with English US as its primary language. However, I vastly prefer Russian date&time format dd.mm.yyyy and 24h, so I set it after the initial setup. I think this is where the problems come from.Problems: Some applications of recent note, Nearby...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows default sound format even matter