Windows 10: Default Gateway disappears after setting static IP - Windows 10

Discus and support Default Gateway disappears after setting static IP - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Like the title says I setup a static IP address over ethernet (ipv4) and upon closing the properties menu the network is unidentified. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Argenate, May 6, 2019.

1. Argenate Win User

Default Gateway disappears after setting static IP - Windows 10

Like the title says I setup a static IP address over ethernet (ipv4) and upon closing the properties menu the network is unidentified.

When I re-enter the ipv4 properties menu, the gateway is blank.

Things I've tried:

1- https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca...-occur-after-configuring-static-ip-address-fo

This is for the same problem but the solution does not work (basically enter the gateway twice).

2- Also, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the adapter. This worked for a time but the same issue started again later.

I'd like the permanent solution.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Argenate, May 6, 2019

2. Static IP With Windows 10 and HP Zbook

Static IP addresses are not as necessary anymore because of UPnP or Universal Plug and Play. UPnP is a set of networking protocols that permits networked devices, such as personal computers, printers, internet gateways, Wi-Fi access points and mobile devices
    to seamlessly discover each other's presence on the network and establish functional network services for data sharing, communications, and entertainment (source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Plug_and_play). However, devices must support UPnP, and almost
    all recent hardware does--like routers and printers.

If you'd really like to setup a static IP, you can do so by configuring the router to assign the specific device a static IP. portforward.com is a great resource to reference in regards to setting up a static IP and opening ports to create a port forward.
    Basically, you can follow the steps below to find your router's IP address and access it's webpage to configure your router's settings:

1. Right click on the start icon, orb, or lower left corner and display the shortcut menu for administrator tasks.

2. click on *run*

3. In the run dialog box, enter "cmd" and press *enter*.

4. Now type "ipconfig" and press *enter*

5. This will run a quick command relating to how your computer is connected to the internet, if it is connected at all. It will provide you with information as to how your computer is connected to the internet, such as via ethernet or Wireless LAN adapter
    Wi-Fi and will provide you with your computer's IP address alongside your routers IP address. Your Router's IP address is listed as the "Default Gateway"

You can now open a web browser and enter the Default Gateway's IP address and you'll be viewing your routers settings via a website. You may need to know your admin username and password. All routers come pre-installed with a default username and password,
    but some users change these settings. Consult your router manufacturer for information on how to assign a specific device a static IP and open ports to forward ports (or reference portforward.com).

TL;DR

go to portforward.com

Technitrevor, May 6, 2019
  3. Static IP With Windows 10 and HP Zbook

I'm at my wits end with a problem that I see on my zbook with static ip addresses

To connect to a device, I need to set my ip to a 192.168.1.*, netmask 255.255.255.0 and gateway to 192.168.0.1. I do this by going to change adapter settings->properties(of Ethernet adapter) . Then click "Internet Protocol Version 4" and hit "properties.
    This allows you to set a static IP. But the problem is I cannot connect to a device (DHCP is not available). I disabled all other adapters

I would think I'm doing something wrong with the setup except that following these exact steps with a DELL m6800 and it works fine! The only difference is HP is windows 10 and the DELL is windows 7. They are the same Intel I217-LM though.

Things I've tried:

1. Right click on adapter->Diagnose: I tried all suggestions until it tells me "gateway is not available"

2. Updating driver

3. Downloading hp driver

4. Checked ipconfig to verify correct ip set.

Any suggestions would be fantastic.

(I tried to post this on the HP support website but it is garbage and a nightmare to use)

PS anyone want to buy a zbook? Default Gateway disappears after setting static IP - Windows 10 :p

NateElmore, May 6, 2019
  4. ZASOR Win User

Static IP-address & Gateway + Windows Phone 7

Hello from Russia!!! I have some problem. I can't set static IP-address and Gateway on my Windows Phone 7 device when I configuring Wi-Fi network. Fields is unactive! I can set Proxy, but I can't set Gateway. I need to set another gateway. Why I can't
    do this?

ZASOR, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Default Gateway disappears after setting static IP - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Default Gateway disappears

2. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  3. Static ip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  4. Static ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't ping default gateway IP address

Can't ping default gateway IP address: The client can’t access the internet. For troubleshooting, we ask her to ping default gateway, for example, ping 192.168.1.254. She gets general failure. What we have done:1. run netsh to enable autoconfig,Restart the computer.2. Run netsh to delete arp, for exampleRestart...
  6. Ethernet adapter gateway keeps resetting? Static IP, for some reason the gateway disappears...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet adapter gateway keeps resetting? Static IP, for some reason the gateway disappears...: Title. Set my static IP through Network and Internet control panel, for some reason on like half my restarts, the default gateway just disappears from IPv4 settings. submitted by /u/Vexas [link] [comments]...
  7. Static IP settings for windows 10

Static IP settings for windows 10: Let me explain you my query : I've wifi adaptor which provides me wireless internet and uses dhcp to get ip. I've installed oracle in my windows 10 machine for which i need to use static ip address. Now when I ping my computer name it gives me IPV6 or DHCP ip adress...
  8. Setting a persistent static IP address?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting a persistent static IP address?: Backstory: My HTPC runs Windows 10. Most of the time it's just running Kodi, but I also have a samba/network share up so that I can access my Music folder from around the house on my phone or laptop. The IP on that computer was previously set to a static IP (192.168.1.100,...
  9. How to set a Static IP Address in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set a Static IP Address in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are experiencing trouble with your network connection and have it configured to DHCP then, figuring out your IP address can be quite a task. Using Static IP Address helps avert IP address conflicts between networked devices and enables [...] This post...
  10. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 default gateway setting disappears

2. windows 10 gateway disappears