Windows 10: "default gateway not available" constantly interrupting Internet connection on laptop Win 10

Discus and support "default gateway not available" constantly interrupting Internet connection on laptop Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop, and Win 10. It constantly has a problem, especially after Windows updates, not being able to connect to Internet even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VChiu531, Jun 18, 2021.

1. VChiu531 Win User

"default gateway not available" constantly interrupting Internet connection on laptop Win 10

I have a Lenovo laptop, and Win 10. It constantly has a problem, especially after Windows updates, not being able to connect to Internet even though other devices have no problem. I have already tried updating drivers all of them are updated. I run Windows Network Diagnostics constantly 30 times in 4 hours! and keep getting the message "default gateway not available" and sometimes "the connection between adaptor, gateway, and internet connection broken." This is very frustrating and disrupts my work to have the Internet drop every 3 minutes. Please help, thank

:)

VChiu531, Jun 18, 2021

2. The Default Gateway Is Not Available constantly.

Hi there,

If the default gateway is unavailable, that means there is most likely an issue with connecting to your Wireless Router. The default gateway is the technical term for that router.

It could of course be your WiFi Adapter inside the Laptop, but that should be simple enough to test, just try using your laptop elsewhere and see if you have the same issue,

If this router is provided by your Internet Service Provider, then I would suggest contacting them and asking them to send out a new one.

I hope this helps!

Ryan Licchelli, Jun 18, 2021
  3. JamesHerd Win User
    The Default Gateway Is Not Available constantly.

I've seemed to fix the issue for now. I just reset the firewall settings on Norton. Thanks for your help anyway.

JamesHerd, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Rata2E Win User

"default gateway not available" constantly interrupting Internet connection on laptop Win 10

Default Gateway not available

The "default gateway not available error" occurs frequently when connected to my ISP's modem. This causes the internet connection to drop frequently and I have to run the troubleshooter to restore connection. I have gone through
    all of the steps in the article

Fix network connection issues in Windows

The problem persists.

Rata2E, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. "default gateway not available" constantly interrupting Internet connection on laptop Win 10 - Similar Threads - default gateway available

2. The default gateway is not available - Win 10 - RTL8192CU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The default gateway is not available - Win 10 - RTL8192CU: Hi I am getting the following error on Windows 10:“The default gateway is not available”I have: Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 1n USB 2.0 Network adapterI temporarily fix it with the “Troubleshoot problems” but the issue happens very often I have tried:Reinstalling...
  3. Default Gateway not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Gateway not available: Every hour or so I get kicked off the internet. First Teams goes. Then Zoom a few seconds later. Then I'm kicked off wifi. When I troubleshoot, it says Default gateway unavailable "fixed". Then I get back on and it happens again within 30 min to an hour. Seems to happen when...
  4. Constant Internet Disconnections Default Gateway is not available

Constant Internet Disconnections Default Gateway is not available: Can someone please help me with this issue? I've been dealing with it off and on for months and now that I'm working from home it's insufferable. My computer constantly disconnects from the internet, sometimes it will disconnect and I will troubleshoot it, it will connect...
  5. The Default Gateway Is Not Available constantly.

The Default Gateway Is Not Available constantly.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series with Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless AC 3160, running Windows 10. The problem is that my internet keeps disconnecting, but my WiFi is still connected, no internet. I have run the troubleshooter and this message comes up: "The default...
  6. Loosing connection, Default Gateway not available

Loosing connection, Default Gateway not available: Hey Forum! Every time I start my computer I have no Internet connection. When I troubleshoot it says "Default Gateway is not available" In order for it to work I have to unplug and replug my Ethernet cable. Then it works for a wile before it decides not to work. Things...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. Constantly getting default gateway is not available

Constantly getting default gateway is not available: This issue has been occurring for the last couple of days, my internet (wire connection) just stops working, i troubleshoot the problem and after ~30 seconds it said it fixed the : default gateway is not available and sometimes i get : The connection between your access...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...