Windows 10: Default Gateway Not Available (Ethernet) - Recurring on a windows 10 clean install.

Discus and support Default Gateway Not Available (Ethernet) - Recurring on a windows 10 clean install. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, so I've just about lost all hope which is why I've decided to finally post a question of my own. For the last month, I have suddenly started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zyrl, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Zyrl Win User

Default Gateway Not Available (Ethernet) - Recurring on a windows 10 clean install.

Okay, so I've just about lost all hope which is why I've decided to finally post a question of my own. For the last month, I have suddenly started experiencing a "default gateway is not available" for reasons I can't understand. I have been using the same isp, router, cable, programs, etc. I can't recall installing any programs that might've changed my settings.

Fast forward, for the last month, I've been struggling to find ways to fix it and have scoured multiple threads ranging from:

• updating my drivers
    • rolling back my drivers
    • resetting the internet settings
    • uninstalling my drivers
    • changing my drivers with another one that's compatible with it
    • using a different isp
    • using a different router
    • using a different cable
    • disabling dhcp and manually inputting the ip (did not work)

And nothing has stuck. I get the default gateway is not available error every 5 - 30 minutes, I'd run the trouble shooter, fix it by resetting my ethernet and the whole cycle starts again. I know for a fact that it's just my laptop somehow because I can connect with my other devices just fine through wifi.

One might ask, why don't you just use wifi then, if it works?

THE THING IS. My setup is a razercore v2 + razerblade stealth 12.5, which has weird problems with 2.4ghz wifi (and my isp's router doesn't have 5ghz enabled so I really have no choice), which means I won't be able to use my monitor/gpu at all if I use wifi and it's kind of the thing that I do need the most for work/gaming.

So that's the thing. I NEED for this to work with my ethernet, and I've just had about enough so I reset my laptop today with a clean install but the problem persists. And I'm clueless as where to go next. If anyone could help out or throw some suggestions, I'm desperate for it. Please.

My ethernet driver: ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

:)

Zyrl, Dec 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 Default gateway not available

After installing windows 10, I lose internet access via the Ethernet, the computer switches to wireless.

Windows 10 reports "no internet" on the Ethernet (local area network).

After running diagnostics on the local area connection I learn: default gateway not available, it may be corrected some times.

Time Warner cable insists the problem is with Windows 10.

This is an annoying problem. Help Please.

John

John ElenaMueller, Dec 1, 2018
  3. mindfrost82, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Default Gateway Not Available (Ethernet) - Recurring on a windows 10 clean install.

mindfrost82, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Default Gateway Not Available (Ethernet) - Recurring on a windows 10 clean install.

1. Default Gateway Not Available (Ethernet) - Recurring on a windows 10 clean install. - Similar Threads - Default Gateway Available

2. Default Gateway not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Gateway not available: Every hour or so I get kicked off the internet. First Teams goes. Then Zoom a few seconds later. Then I'm kicked off wifi. When I troubleshoot, it says Default gateway unavailable "fixed". Then I get back on and it happens again within 30 min to an hour. Seems to happen when...
  3. The Default Gateway Is Not Available In Windows 10

The Default Gateway Is Not Available In Windows 10: I have connection issue to the wifi and when I run the troubleshooter I got the following messate The default Gateway is not available!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-default-gateway-is-not-available-in-windows-10/361e2fe2-e7de-4db3-af37-f22db0f604f7
  4. Windows 10 [ The default gateway is not availible ]

Windows 10 [ The default gateway is not availible ]: my computer after i formatted for windows 10 started giving internet error the error says [ The default gateway is not availible ] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-the-default-gateway-is-not-availible/dfb91fb9-93f2-45af-bb18-02c115081cec
  5. The default gateway is not available on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The default gateway is not available on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If when you run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter it displays a message – The default gateway is not available on Windows 10, then here are some troubleshooting tips you should follow to fix this problem. If you see this message, [...] This post The...
  6. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  7. Default Gateway not Available since switching to windows 10

Default Gateway not Available since switching to windows 10: I switched to windows 10 about 9 months ago and ever since my connection has been dropping in and out, It gets better when I reset my modem but even then it is slow, My network adaptor is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, I am connected using ethernet through the power line...
  8. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  9. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...
  10. Ethernet Unidentified network/ Default Gateway not available

in Windows 10 Support
    Ethernet Unidentified network/ Default Gateway not available: Hello, my pc was working perfectly until it had a critical update, this updated the Ethernet driver on my computer and after that my Ethernet said unidentified network, no internet access, when troubleshooting I found it said the default gateway is not available. I tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek pcie gbe family controller no internet access unidentified network default gateway is not available

2. default gateway not available recurring

3. the default gateway is not available

4. recurring default gateway not available windows 10 2019,
  5. gateway not available recurrening