Windows 10: Default Gateway Not Available

Discus and support Default Gateway Not Available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am staying with family for the time being and have run into issues with my internet connection. While I remain connected to the wireless network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tater1212, May 14, 2020.

1. Tater1212 Win User

Default Gateway Not Available

I am staying with family for the time being and have run into issues with my internet connection. While I remain connected to the wireless network continuously, my internet connection cuts out periodically. When this happens, I run the windows troubleshooter, which gives the message "default gateway not available" - fixed. It often also detects that there's an issue with my wireless adapter or access point or a broken connection between my access point, router, or cable modem and the internet. The router has been recently replaced and reconnected, plus, the other devices in the house don't seem to have any issues. This happens at random intervals, but at least once per hour, sometimes once every five minutes. I used to have no issues with my connection in my apartment or at friends' houses, but for about two weeks here, I have been unable to stay connected to the internet without the troubleshooter resetting the wifi adapter.

I've tried ipconfig/renew/release/flush dns, updating my network adapter driver, switching my network adapter driver, resetting modem and router, netshell resets, uninstalling McAfee, and adjusting power management options, but none of it fixes my issue. I'm tearing my hair out at this point and would be very grateful for any help anyone can offer!!

:)

Tater1212, May 14, 2020
  2. ArshadKhan93, May 14, 2020
  3. Default gateway is not available

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. we will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps given in the below thread and check if it helps:

"default gateway is not available"

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 14, 2020
  4. Default Gateway Not Available

mindfrost82, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Default Gateway Not Available

1. Default Gateway Not Available - Similar Threads - Default Gateway Available

2. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The default gateway is not available.: I just recently reset my computer removed all my files, and during the setup, the computer connected, but I have no internet access. I ran the troubleshooter but it couldn't resolve my issue. I've tried multiple solutions but they all didn't work. I've tried enabling and...
  3. "Default gateway is not available"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Default gateway is not available": Hey everyone, I've been having internet issues over the past couple weeks, usually 2-3 times a day, my laptop will randomly DC from my wireless router, no other devices DC, I've checked, and the only fix is either clicking troubleshoot, which then causes my wi-fi adaptor to...
  4. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The default gateway is not available.: Hello, I keep disconnecting to the internet and when I do the troubleshoot it says “The default gateway is not available —— fixed” It would fix the internet for a second then it would disconnect again. I run the troubleshoot and it’s the same thing over and over again....
  5. The Default Gateway is Not Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Default Gateway is Not Available: This has been happening since updates. I have tried all solutions and nothing is working. Everytime I put the computer to sleep or start up, it's not connected to the internet. I do a troubleshoot and it ALWAYS comes up the same. "Reset the Wi-fi Adapter," The Default Gateway...
  6. Default Gateway not available

Default Gateway not available: Every hour or so I get kicked off the internet. First Teams goes. Then Zoom a few seconds later. Then I'm kicked off wifi. When I troubleshoot, it says Default gateway unavailable "fixed". Then I get back on and it happens again within 30 min to an hour. Seems to happen when...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. "The default gateway is not available"

"The default gateway is not available": Hello all, I recently got a new laptop and I've been having trouble with connecting to the internet. Several times a day, internet pages will stop loading and Windows diagnostics will come up with the message "The default gateway is not available". This is fixed by...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...