Windows 10: Default Gateway not found or Wireless router issue on troubleshooting

Discus and support Default Gateway not found or Wireless router issue on troubleshooting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I have been losing wifi connection every 10-15 minutes seemingly caused by nothing at all, I will either be playing an online game or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by liamhowe2, Aug 11, 2018.

1. liamhowe2 Win User

Default Gateway not found or Wireless router issue on troubleshooting

Recently I have been losing wifi connection every 10-15 minutes seemingly caused by nothing at all, I will either be playing an online game or streaming or even not doing anything and I will lose connection. I have tried updating my Network adaptor drivers, I have made sure power management works fine with it, I have tried so many different things but to no avail. I am using ASUS PCE-AC68 802.11ac Network Adaptor on Virgin Media Wifi, my wifi card has worked excellently up until this point and now I always get disconnected, if anybody could help it would be massively appreciated. If you need any more details on the problem let me know. I am also on Windows 10 64x Home edition on a wireless connection.

:)

liamhowe2, Aug 11, 2018

2. Wireless Issues

My wireless adapter (Linksys WUSB54G) keeps connecting and suddenly disconnecting from my Linksys WRT54GS router. I am also unable to connect to the default gateway on both machines. I can ping both the router, modem, and DNS server fine using the laptop. Have any suggestions? I'm not the best at troubleshooting network issues.

punisher186, Aug 11, 2018
  3. How to configure a wireless router and an ADSL router to provide an internet connection

I made a mistake when purchasing a faster wireless router and did not specify it should have an ADSL port. So to use it I have connected it's WAN port to a LAN port of the ADSL router.

There seem to be several ways of configuring these devices. Could someone suggest the "best" or "most beneficial" way please?

There are 2 PCs and one printer connecting wirelessly.

One of the PCs picks up a dynamic IP

The other PC has a static IP (192.168.0.200)

The printer has a static IP (192.168.0.210)

Wireless router

• Lan IP: 192.18.0.1
    • WAN IP: 10.0.0.248 (static)
    • WAN default gateway: 10.0.0.2

The ADSL router connects to the internet fine. I have turned off dynamic IP.

The PCs connect to the wireless router, the internet and each other ok.

The printer connects and works if set to use the ADSL router's default gateway (10.0.0.2) and a static IP (10.0.0.251). It connects but does not work if using the wireless router's default gateway (192.168.0.1) with a static IP (192.168.0.210)

I would like the printer to connect the wireless router and work...

I don't know why I selected DNS IPs. The primary is 062.024.134.005 on the PCs and wireless router. I get the impression this is a separate issue from the connections problem above.

Stephen_Ford, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Default Gateway not found or Wireless router issue on troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Default Gateway found

2. Gateway router unreachable ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway router unreachable ?: I've searched for a solution to this problem over the course of several days; I cannot get one computer to see the gateway router, that includes entering the IP for the router; it just won't connect. The only change that occurred was a change from an older router to a new...
  3. Gateway router unreachable ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gateway router unreachable ?: I've searched for a solution to this problem over the course of several days; I cannot get one computer to see the gateway router, that includes entering the IP for the router; it just won't connect. The only change that occurred was a change from an older router to a new...
  4. Gateway router unreachable ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Keep getting Default Gateway not found error

Keep getting Default Gateway not found error: Hi, I moved in to the new apartment and since the Wifi reception wasn't so great I asked the landlord to install a Fritz Repeater 600. Now I get the signals but every 5 mins I drop connection to the internet due to Default Gateway not found error. That never happened to me...
  6. "The default gateway is not available" issue

"The default gateway is not available" issue: Hi there. I've been having this issue with up and down frequency for the span of about 10 months. Basically, my computer will randomly disconnect from the internet (with no lag leading up to it--just straight up disconnecting). Then I'll right click on the Wi-Fi icon in the...
  7. New router, "Default Gateway Not Available" error

New router, "Default Gateway Not Available" error: You'll have to excuse me as I explain this as best I can; I'm not the most tech savvy individual, but I'll do my best to explain my problem in as much detail as possible. I had been having a lot of trouble with my wifi and purchased a new router last month (info below). At...
  8. Must troubleshoot every time I log on - default gateway not available'

Must troubleshoot every time I log on - default gateway not available': Morning - every time I wake the computer, I must go through the troubleshoot in order to resolve my issue. I have 2 routers - one is a Netgear that I've been using for a couple of years; every device I have is linked to his - the other is an Arris that was recently...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...