Windows 10: Default gateway repeatedly isn't available

Discus and support Default gateway repeatedly isn't available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Several times each day my home PC stops connecting to the internet. The ethernet port is labelled as "no connection" and apps stop working. Luckily,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PizzaFox, Mar 6, 2021.

1. PizzaFox Win User

Default gateway repeatedly isn't available

Several times each day my home PC stops connecting to the internet. The ethernet port is labelled as "no connection" and apps stop working.

Luckily, the Windows troubleshooter for "Network Adapter" is able to resolve the issue by resetting the ethernet adapter.

Unfortunately, running the troubleshooter doesn't permanently fix the problem. Some time will go by and the same thing will happen again.

The troubleshooter lists the issue fixed as "The default gateway is not available", which may indicate an issue with my router. No other devices on my network have the issue, it's just my PC.

I'm using Windows Dev OS Build 21327.1000.

How can I permanently solve the issue?

:)

PizzaFox, Mar 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 default gateway repeatedly not available

I used the term "loosing default gateway" because when the troubleshooter fixes the problem it says that the problem was that the default gateway wasn't available, so I figured my adapter somehow lost connection to it or something similar had happended.

I looked up the Default Gateway's IP as you suggested and there was an IPv4 and also an IPv6 address next to it. Although I couldn't ping any other computers on the network. When I tried to renew my address after release The cmd just printed out "Windows
    IP configuration" but it timed out, and couldn't finish properly.

In the event viewer there are two warnings about an URL couldn't be resolved, other than that just information events.

AndrásIzsó, Mar 6, 2021
  3. ArshadKhan93, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Default gateway repeatedly isn't available

Default gateway is not available

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. we will be glad to assist you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps given in the below thread and check if it helps:

"default gateway is not available"

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Default gateway repeatedly isn't available

1. Default gateway repeatedly isn't available - Similar Threads - Default gateway repeatedly

2. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The default gateway is not available.: I just recently reset my computer removed all my files, and during the setup, the computer connected, but I have no internet access. I ran the troubleshooter but it couldn't resolve my issue. I've tried multiple solutions but they all didn't work. I've tried enabling and...
  3. Default gateway repeatedly isn't available with ethernet via Dell Dock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default gateway repeatedly isn't available with ethernet via Dell Dock: Several times each day my office PC stops connecting to the internet. The ethernet port is labelled as "no connection" and apps stop working.Luckily, the Windows troubleshooter for "Network Adapter" is able to resolve the issue by resetting the ethernet adapter.Unfortunately,...
  4. Default gateway repeatedly isn't available with ethernet via Dell Dock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default gateway repeatedly isn't available with ethernet via Dell Dock: Several times each day my office PC stops connecting to the internet. The ethernet port is labelled as "no connection" and apps stop working.Luckily, the Windows troubleshooter for "Network Adapter" is able to resolve the issue by resetting the ethernet adapter.Unfortunately,...
  5. The Default Gateway is Not Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Default Gateway is Not Available: This has been happening since updates. I have tried all solutions and nothing is working. Everytime I put the computer to sleep or start up, it's not connected to the internet. I do a troubleshoot and it ALWAYS comes up the same. "Reset the Wi-fi Adapter," The Default Gateway...
  6. Default Gateway not available

Default Gateway not available: Every hour or so I get kicked off the internet. First Teams goes. Then Zoom a few seconds later. Then I'm kicked off wifi. When I troubleshoot, it says Default gateway unavailable "fixed". Then I get back on and it happens again within 30 min to an hour. Seems to happen when...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. "The default gateway is not available"

"The default gateway is not available": Hello all, I recently got a new laptop and I've been having trouble with connecting to the internet. Several times a day, internet pages will stop loading and Windows diagnostics will come up with the message "The default gateway is not available". This is fixed by...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...