Windows 10: Default gateway unavailable and "Ethernet" Doesn't have a valid ip con

Discus and support Default gateway unavailable and "Ethernet" Doesn't have a valid ip con in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have been able to use my pc fine until the internet loses connection, so I troubleshoot and It says: The default gateway is not available, I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Atromix, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Atromix Win User

Default gateway unavailable and "Ethernet" Doesn't have a valid ip con

So I have been able to use my pc fine until the internet loses connection, so I troubleshoot and It says: The default gateway is not available, I had this error a few days ago and managed to fix it by setting my ip to obtain automatically, I tried this again and now I just get the error: "Ethernet doesn't have a valid Ip configuration. All the other pcs connected to the ethernet work fine and the wifi works fine so what is the problem?

:)

Atromix, Sep 10, 2016

2. Unable to Connect to the Windows 10 Version 1703

Currently, I am unable to connect to the internet VIA ethernet or wifi. I have tried troubleshooting and the error message I am prompted with is "wi-fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I am not sure what to do with this prompt. In addition, at the
    command prompt, I am unable to find my default gateway. Any suggestions?

JasonMaduwuba, Sep 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Update of 09/22/2016 Disconnected my Network Drives

Diagnosis reports: "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration." There's no support offered for how to get a "valid IP configuration".

JoeHudak Jr., Sep 10, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

It sounds like faulty cable faulty port on router or faulty network card

Samuria, Sep 10, 2016
  5. Atromix Win User
    Yup, turns out it was my PoE that was faulty so I got a WiFi card and I haven't had any problems. Thanks for the help!

Atromix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Default gateway unavailable and "Ethernet" Doesn't have a valid ip con - Similar Threads - Default gateway unavailable

2. My default gateway isn't avaliable and my Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My default gateway isn't avaliable and my Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration....: Hello I got this pc about a year and half ago on my 18th birthday. It has had a direct connection to our router with an ethernet cable without any problems up until recently.So about a month ago I moved into a new house and since then my internet would work for a bit then...
  3. My default gateway isn't avaliable and my Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My default gateway isn't avaliable and my Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration....: Hello I got this pc about a year and half ago on my 18th birthday. It has had a direct connection to our router with an ethernet cable without any problems up until recently.So about a month ago I moved into a new house and since then my internet would work for a bit then...
  4. My default gateway isn't avaliable and my Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration”: I just upgraded to BT Hub 5. I haven’t been able to get my desktop Dell Precision Tower 7810 my work horse to connect to the internet due to captioned error.I’ve tried everything from disabling fast start, to reinstalling windows from a recovery date, to command prompt -...
  6. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP: I work from home, but lately I've been having issues with my internet dropping. I keep getting this message that the ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, but I never had this issue until anout month or so ago. What can I do to fix this? It's been making working from home very...
  7. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration: After the new update my computer wont connect to the internet over ethernet. Tried ipconfig, netsh commands, restarting the router, checked the cables and everything, but everything seems fine. Tried to connect a Windows laptop to the cable and it worked perfectly, is there...
  8. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration: I can't seem to fix this issue. I've tried different ethernet cables, changed IP seetings, rolled back and uninstalled the network adapter driver, reset my router, etc etc. I came home one evening and had this error, despite not having updated or made any changes to the...
  9. "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Problem: intermittent no internet connectivity Running network troubleshooter gives me the error message: "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration My system Toshiba satellite laptop S75 hardwire to a personal modem arris sb6141, my ISP is Comcast xfinity. No router....
  10. Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have valid IP configuration: I've been working on this for over two hours now. I have wifi on laptop. In Windows 10 I can't access internet on PC with Ethernet. On the same computer I have a Linux Mint partition and ethernet connection is fine there 160Mbps. I've unplugged (several times) modem and...