Windows 10: Default image file and location

Discus and support Default image file and location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 2004 When trying to save a picture, the default is png and it's not in a default file location. How can I set the default to jpg and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by falcios, Jun 24, 2021.

1. falcios Win User

Default image file and location

Windows 10 Version 2004 When trying to save a picture, the default is png and it's not in a default file location. How can I set the default to jpg and set a default file location? Would I have to do a registry hack? Thanks in advance

:)

falcios, Jun 24, 2021

2. Default save locations for new images

Hi

Every time I try to save a new image, windows tries to put it in documents

I want to either

1. put it on the desktop by default
    2. choose a location and have subsequent files save to the same location (like apple)
    Can anyone help please?

Thanks

BenBrickwood, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Can't open image files, default viewer also doesn't work.

Hello,

File corruption is one of the possible reasons why you're having issue opening image files. For us to identify and isolate this issue better, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Where are those images located?
    • Any error messages, if there's any?
    • Which program are you using to open those images?
    • What is the file format of the images?

We would suggest using Windows Photo Viewer to open this file and check if it helps. We would also suggest making Windows Photo Viewer as the default program to open pictures and check.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Vil, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Default image file and location

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Default image file and location

1. Default image file and location - Similar Threads - Default image file

2. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  3. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  4. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  6. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  7. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Default save locations for new images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save locations for new images: Hi Every time I try to save a new image, windows tries to put it in documents I want to either put it on the desktop by default choose a location and have subsequent files save to the same location like apple Can anyone help please? Thanks...
  9. Saving file location defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving file location defaults: So specifically with PDF files. When I do a "save as" or sign with a digital signature, it brings up the explorer window. The explorer window opens to the file location of the last file I saved a PDF in. I would like explorer to default the the folder the file I am working...
  10. Accidentally merged default file locations.

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally merged default file locations.: So I just installed a new SSD boot drive and went to change my default location for documents and downloads locations back to my HDD. Made a mistake though and I have accidentally merged the two folders. Anyone know of any way of un-merging them or am I going to have to do...