Windows 10: Default Image program

Discus and support Default Image program in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,For years I have used Irfan View as my default Image program but since I purchased a new Laptop with Windows 11 I can find no way to do that. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by keithy397, Feb 15, 2022.

1. keithy397 Win User

Default Image program

Hi,For years I have used Irfan View as my default Image program but since I purchased a new Laptop with Windows 11 I can find no way to do that. The nearest I found is to make each file extension use Irfan view, As you can imagine, there are far too many files to do that. So, is there a way I can make Irfan View my default Image program. I really do not like what it appears I'm stuck with......Cheers,Keith

:)

keithy397, Feb 15, 2022

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 15, 2022
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Image program :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 15, 2022
  4. Default Image program

Problem related to default email program.

Email program (by default in windows 10) is working fine on my laptop but the error massage is showing all the time.

• This issue starts when I upgraded my windows 10 version 1511 to the version 1703.
    • I have changed only some settings to the default settings from control panel. as shown in screenshots.

Default Image program abbb5c1e-2035-4cb5-ae80-060e9867f6d7.jpg

Default program setting in control panel.

Default Image program af74dd02-a62d-4503-801d-9cd91129797a.jpg

Default program association.

Default Image program 8aa71a63-93fe-439a-8a1a-ca4ae87d32ea.jpg

• I didn't take any troubleshooting steps for this, because I don't know what to do with this.

Thanks.

Ashutosh Ramola, Feb 15, 2022
Thema:

Default Image program

1. Default Image program - Similar Threads - Default Image program

2. Default Image program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Image program: Hi,For years I have used Irfan View as my default Image program but since I purchased a new Laptop with Windows 11 I can find no way to do that. The nearest I found is to make each file extension use Irfan view, As you can imagine, there are far too many files to do that. So,...
  3. Imaging programs

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Imaging programs: Now that Windows System Images are apparently no longer supported (deprecated) and the option may be removed from Windows 10, I am looking for a simple, user friendly way of making system images. I previously tried using Macrium reflect to clone a drive and had issues and...
  4. Default Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Program: can't create an association in the Default Program. Can't email scanned item, "no email program is associated to forward scan as email." Followed directions to select the file type to change Mail to Thunderbird, but do not find an OK box to confirm the change....
  5. Default programs

Default programs: I just reinstalled Windows10 with latest updates and now when I go to Settings to set my defaults specifically Photos - ThumbsPlus , ThumbsPlus does not show up as a selection. The option to select another program from this PC is no longer there, the only options are various...
  6. Default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default programs: I have set up my default browser properly and when I start it, after startup, it asks me t;o make it the default browser; I have to set it up again and I still get the "make me the default browser" . I know how to do it properly, I've been doing it for years, also the...
  7. Default Program

Default Program: Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to get back to the old Default Program Screen in Win 10. I'm using 10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.407 now. I just don't like the way the new setup is. Thanks much! 122096
  8. Default Program

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Program: Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to get back to the old Default Program Screen in Win 10. I'm using 10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.407 now. I just don't like the way the new setup is. Thanks much! 122096
  9. Default programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default programs: How do I add a program to a default list in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-programs/ae375909-7b32-42fc-aa6e-b492971112a4
  10. Default Programs??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default Programs??: I'm making a Windows 10 Pro image and I want to make some programs I installed from the administrator account to be default for all users that sign in from our active directory. Is this possible just by using the admin account?? 38787