Windows 10: Default Language Keyboard

Discus and support Default Language Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm so fed up with the Default Language Keyboard showed at the right bottom corner of the task bar. I'm living in Canada, but I set up my language is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DINH-VAN NGUYEN, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Default Language Keyboard

I'm so fed up with the Default Language Keyboard showed at the right bottom corner of the task bar. I'm living in Canada, but I set up my language is the US keyboard. Every time I restart Windows, Microsoft automatically adds up the Canadian French anf Multilingual keyboards which I really don't need them because I added another language . What a nuisance to remove them manually, and did it so many times! Does MS do something to fix with that compulsory and automatic region keyboards?

Another bug that years and years people have been knowing that is the Search function in Windows Explorer. It is very slow and stuck. MS does not take it very seriously. I gave up the Windows Explorer Search function and use a third party program to do this job.

:)

DINH-VAN NGUYEN, Sep 3, 2020

2. Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

Hello,

You can configure your keyboard language by adding it on the default language set on the system. For instructions, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Open Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Click on the default language, and click Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard, and select the language that you want to add.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Gus ND Win User

Default Language Keyboard

Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

I'm able to do that, but the problem is: I need the default language for the keyboard to be set to brazilian portuguese but everytime I log in, windows is enforcing the keyboard language to be the same as the used for display.

I know I can press windows+space to switch languages, but I did not have to do it in the past, something changed with the latest patches.

Gus ND, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Default Language Keyboard

1. Default Language Keyboard - Similar Threads - Default Language Keyboard

2. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  3. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  4. question about keyboard default language

in Windows 10 Customization
    question about keyboard default language: hey guys i need help. every time i turn on my pc, my keyboard language is English automaticlly. i want my keyboard default language is Vietnamese every time i turn on the pc. anyone knows how? thanks for reading...
  5. DEFAULT Keyboard with several languages installed

DEFAULT Keyboard with several languages installed: I have installed several languages. I usually use ENGLSH, but when I turn on the computer it comes up with FRENCH as the default input language, and I have to change it even to sign in. How do I change the DEFAULT keyboard to English? (When I ask the automated assistant I...
  6. Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.

Input language and keyboard language are different.How to set as default.: I use English as a language, but living in Spain I use a Spanish keyboard. (Sometimes I write in Spanish) Every time I turn on my Surface I have to manually change the settings to ENG/ES - ENG being the input language and ES being the keyboard input. Every time, if I...
  7. default language

default language: How do I change default language in Office 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-language/d8433cbe-e10e-4868-86cc-a683f310fdad
  8. Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout: I keep having an annoying problem. I have only 1 language with 1 keyboard layout in Language settings [img] But the system keep changing keyboard layout (when restarting or resuming from sleep) Indeed, if I press WIN+SPACE I can see both layouts! [img] I can I remove...
  9. Keyboard symbol keys and default language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard symbol keys and default language: Since the last big Windows 10 update, some of my symbol keys on my keyboard no not provide the correct symbol and some of the symbols that I need such as the sign for Sterling and Euro no longer function. Also Microsoft Word defaults to English US when It should have remained...
  10. How to keep separate *default* display language from keyboard language

in Windows 10 Support
    How to keep separate *default* display language from keyboard language: Hello new user here! I'm not sure if this is exactly the correct session to post, dear mods bear with me! So, I'm setting up a laptop for a friend using Windows 10. His nationality is Greek and not quite good with English so I put the system display language, currency/time...