Windows 10: Default Library location

Discus and support Default Library location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by papa84075, May 10, 2019.

1. papa84075 Win User

Default Library location

How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it say that it has found one and do I want to overwrite the destination location with the copied info like other folders do? It is because the registry is involved at such a detailed level?

:)

papa84075, May 10, 2019

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, May 10, 2019
  3. Setting default locations for libraries

Hi, thanks for the responses.

I've tried to reset all the libraries to default to go through with Brink's advice.

But there's a problem with Pictures and Videos:

Default Library location [​IMG]

I seem to have associated the entire G: drive with the Pictures library. There is no location tab in the properties. How can I fix this?

James7Roberts, May 10, 2019
  4. Default Library location

Setting default locations for libraries

Hi,

I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one.

These are my drives:

I want the libraries on (GDefault Library location :) instead of (CDefault Library location :).

I went onto properties/location on all libraries and changed them to (GDefault Library location :). But not all of them are on the drive, and note that the icon for the G drive on the left is the pictures icon.

What went wrong, and how can I fix this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

James7Roberts, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Default Library location

1. Default Library location - Similar Threads - Default Library location

2. that is "remove location from library"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    that is "remove location from library": that is "remove location from library" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/that-is-remove-location-from-library/aa84acea-269d-45c1-b0c1-5288ebcc96d1
  3. that is "remove location from library"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    that is "remove location from library": that is "remove location from library" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/that-is-remove-location-from-library/aa84acea-269d-45c1-b0c1-5288ebcc96d1
  4. Default location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default location: Some apps recognize my location while others do not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-location/04eb1e61-80ba-44cc-86de-542662b47490
  5. Default location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default location: Is there a way to set the default in Windows 10 and New Edge so it don't do this Microsoft map changes default location every time I sent default, it reverts to Conroe, Texas 1157 miles as the crow flies from me....
  6. How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If Windows Library folders are not opening correctly, you can restore the default location of Library folders in Windows 10 with the help of this […] This article How to restore default location of Library folders in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Using libraries as default

in Windows 10 Support
    Using libraries as default: Hi all I have this laptop HP255G6 its been running okay. The documents photos are stored on an external ssd. Now I want to get it back to the default settings. Documents in the document folder on the internal ssd and so forth the photos back to the dfault on the internal ssd....
  8. Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?: Hi! I have built a new computer and am preparing to install Windows 10 Pro on it. My prior habit has been to move all library folders (\Users\MrHirsute\Documents, for example) to a secondary drive (D:\Users\[Username], for example) to reduce use of the system SSD by data...
  9. Redirecting location of libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Redirecting location of libraries: I installed my SS, put OS on it. Now I need my HDD to contain the libraries: pictures, documents, videos etc... I need a tutorial on that. 90134
  10. Setting default locations for libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default locations for libraries: Hi, I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one. These are my drives: [img] I want the libraries on (G:) instead of (C:). [img] I went onto...