Windows 10: Default location of windows displayed/opened on screen

Discus and support Default location of windows displayed/opened on screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I hope everyone is well! Does anyone know if its at all possible to change the location or position of windows that open or are displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by new11, Jul 12, 2020.

1. new11 Win User

Default location of windows displayed/opened on screen

Hello all,
    I hope everyone is well!

Does anyone know if its at all possible to change the location or position of windows that open or are displayed on screen while opening? I've included a screenshot that explains it a little better than me, haha

Many thanks in advance! Default location of windows displayed/opened on screen :)
    Windows 10-Pro 1909

Default location of windows displayed/opened on screen [​IMG]

:)

new11, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jul 12, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default location of windows displayed/opened on screen :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Default location of windows displayed/opened on screen - Similar Threads - Default location displayed

2. Default Save As Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Save As Location: Greetings-Would like to know how to change the default Save As location for Windows 10 File Browser. Currently it is set to the Downloads folder but I like to expedite everything from my desktop to an external drive so I readily know where files are located.I had previosly...
  3. Default location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default location: Some apps recognize my location while others do not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-location/04eb1e61-80ba-44cc-86de-542662b47490
  4. Default location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default location: Is there a way to set the default in Windows 10 and New Edge so it don't do this Microsoft map changes default location every time I sent default, it reverts to Conroe, Texas 1157 miles as the crow flies from me....
  5. Default Library location

Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  6. Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location

Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location: When I want to give or sell my computer to another person, how do I delete or remove the pictures that have been selected in the past for my lock screen and/or display screen wallpaper? I remove the folder I got them from, but they still show up if I go to Settings,...
  7. Default Save Location and Location Tab

Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....
  8. Displays rearrange and open window locations change on screen lock in a domain environment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displays rearrange and open window locations change on screen lock in a domain environment: This issue started several months ago and I have yet to find a solution. Essentially, every time my computer locks at least one of these issues occur if not a combination of them. We have multiple users in our office with the exact same issue and none of us have found a...
  9. Location of the default wallpaper?

Location of the default wallpaper?: Where is this wallpaper stored? also, where can I find the different resolutions of it? Thanks!. 10255
  10. Choose a default location when opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose a default location when opening File Explorer: Hello, Is it possible to choose a default location/folder to open when opening File Explorer from the task bar? Default is that it opens Quick access. I use OneDrive a lot, and would really like to see that I could set that to open that location. Is it possible to set...