Windows 10: default logon account?

Discus and support default logon account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I seem to recall that after a default install of a Windows OS on bare metal could have been a few versions ago or even windows server, that it came up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Singletond, Jan 10, 2021.

1. default logon account?

I seem to recall that after a default install of a Windows OS on bare metal could have been a few versions ago or even windows server, that it came up with a default account and password of either admin/admin, or administrator/administrator.

Does the current Win10 come up with a default admin account?

Dave

:)

Singletond, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jan 10, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

default logon account?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done default logon account? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

default logon account?

1. default logon account? - Similar Threads - default logon account

2. Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account: Hello,I'm trying to configure a computer with two accounts standard and admin so that the standard logs in automatically even after switching to the admin account. Currently, I've edited the registry so that upon power cycling the machine the standard account logs in...
  3. Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account: Hello,I'm trying to configure a computer with two accounts standard and admin so that the standard logs in automatically even after switching to the admin account. Currently, I've edited the registry so that upon power cycling the machine the standard account logs in...
  4. Auto logon as default standard account after switching user to admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder: My Microsoft logon account does not have complete access to my home directory.Part of the account defaults to OneDrive as a home directory.My Documents directory is on the OneDrive. The only way to see my account files is to click to my Users/<userid>/Documents.How to I...
  6. Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder

Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder: My Microsoft logon account does not have complete access to my home directory.Part of the account defaults to OneDrive as a home directory.My Documents directory is on the OneDrive. The only way to see my account files is to click to my Users/<userid>/Documents.How to I...
  7. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  8. computer account logons

computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  9. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. changing logon account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing logon account: Hi my laptop currently signs in with an @Hotmail email account and password, I want to change this to a different @Hotmail account but it seems I need to change it to a "local" account first. What is a "local" account? Can I have two laptop logon to the same...