Windows 10: default mail app keeps opening a new window

Discus and support default mail app keeps opening a new window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got frustrated with the windows 10 mail app relentlessly opening a window of it's own accord so I uninstalled it as I use outlook. Then I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by danhowell_83, Mar 22, 2021.

1. default mail app keeps opening a new window

I got frustrated with the windows 10 mail app relentlessly opening a window of it's own accord so I uninstalled it as I use outlook. Then I got a dialogue box asking me which program I wanted to use presumably it's an email notification so I picked outlook. Now outlook is constantly opening. How do I disable whatever notification process is going on here? If I want to look at my emails I'll open it myself, this 'feature' is highly annoying. Is it a calendar or email notification?

:)

danhowell_83, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. default mail app keeps opening a new window :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 22, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

default mail app keeps opening a new window

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

default mail app keeps opening a new window

1. default mail app keeps opening a new window - Similar Threads - default mail app

2. the default mail app keeps opening on its own and minimizes whatever is on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default mail app keeps opening on its own and minimizes whatever is on screen: hello recently my computer started opening the default mail app telling me to add a mail account but i dont use that app so i decided to close it i didn't think much about it until yesterday it started opening that window repeatedly and i changed the default mail app to my...
  3. the default mail app keeps opening on its own and minimizes whatever is on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the default mail app keeps opening on its own and minimizes whatever is on screen: hello recently my computer started opening the default mail app telling me to add a mail account but i dont use that app so i decided to close it i didn't think much about it until yesterday it started opening that window repeatedly and i changed the default mail app to my...
  4. Mail App -Default Font keeps resetting

Mail App -Default Font keeps resetting: I've tried numerous times to reset the mail app/program settings for the default font from a light grey to a darker gray or black. I've tried multiple times through the settings app and to all accounts. I've tired changing the size and every time I save and start a new...
  5. mail app as a default

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail app as a default: Why would I use "mail" in windows 10 when I already have a gmail account? What is the purpose of "mail"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-as-a-default/5633cbb2-8eb8-45a8-a6d6-9540d17f450d
  6. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default mail app keeps opening on its own: Default mail app keeps opening on its own EVENT LOG https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtoPcPRkZOqtggTqmVj_Cm58_MJT?e=vQIeBO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-mail-app-keeps-opening-on-its-own/9c8a58e4-9d2a-47e6-9b9e-a8a87ecac000
  7. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: Default mail app keeps opening on its own The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app...
  8. default mail app

default mail app: Every time I start up my PC since I updated to 1903 I get a message that there is no mail app associated. I do not have Outlook, only the Mail app from the app store. When I look at file associations or default programs I see Mail but I still get the weird message every...
  9. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app with windows powershell and now chrome opens...
  10. No default mail app

in Browsers and Email
    No default mail app: I want to right click on a file and send it to a mail recipient but Windows 10 PRO 16299.309 tell me there is no default mail client. I have looked at the Windows default mail app and it is set to Outlook 2016, no success. I have opened Outlook 2016 and made sure that I...