Windows 10: Default Mail App on Windows 10 not secure?

Discus and support Default Mail App on Windows 10 not secure? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I signed in my yahoo inbox using windows's default mail app, and yahoo keeps complaining about. [img] Question: Is window's default mail app really... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Marron, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Marron Win User

Default Mail App on Windows 10 not secure?

I signed in my yahoo inbox using windows's default mail app, and yahoo keeps complaining about.

Default Mail App on Windows 10 not secure? [​IMG]

Question: Is window's default mail app really not secure, or is yahoo just trying to get me to use their app somehow?

Window's fault, or yahoo being evil?

Thanks.

:)

Marron, Nov 28, 2016
  2. W Day Win User

Send To Mail Recipient [Broken] Windows 10

Same issue here. Upgraded to windows 10 using new mail app as default. Setup mail app as instructed. When I right click on a doc/photo, select send to mail recipient; windows says there is no default mail app. Unfortunately, there is no instructions
    for setting up the default windows 10 mail app as the default mail app. Major fubar MS! Need help with this now? What is the name and location of the mail app?????

W Day, Nov 28, 2016
  3. Mail Default Program

Mail is shown as the default app in Windows 10. However, I keep getting a notice that there is no default mail app. I have tried several times to associate Mail as the default app but keep getting the notice.

SteveElwood, Nov 28, 2016
  4. gpstoloff Win User

After being severely hacked, Yahoo is reacting by trying to shoehorn everyone into using 2-factor authentication and more robust protocols than POP3.

They don't really have their own application / off-line mail client; they just prefer that you log into their web site, so that you can view their ads as well as your mail.

W10 Mail is as secure as any other program running the same protocols (IMAP or POP3).

gpstoloff, Nov 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Default Mail App on Windows 10 not secure? - Similar Threads - Default Mail App

2. windows 10 Mail App default calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 Mail App default calendar: Hi, When I set up calendar new event in my windows 10 mail app on desktop, the default calender is from for example gmail. My question is whenever I set up a calender event, can I pre set the default calendar, for example icloud?...
  3. Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail notifications not obeying default mail app: OS: Windows 10 2004 I have configured my mail account in settings > email & accounts so I'm able to receive new mail notifications in the Windows 10 notification area bottom right in the system tray. I have set my default mail application in settings > default apps > email...
  4. mail app as a default

mail app as a default: Why would I use "mail" in windows 10 when I already have a gmail account? What is the purpose of "mail"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-as-a-default/5633cbb2-8eb8-45a8-a6d6-9540d17f450d
  5. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client: If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key...
  6. Mail app is NOT secure.

Mail app is NOT secure.: When I delete my email account from Mail app in Windows 10, I can simply click Add New Account, and it is there at the top of the list. I click it, and it logs straight back in, without requiring a password to be entered. THIS IS NOT SECURE. Anyone using my computer can do...
  7. default mail app

default mail app: Every time I start up my PC since I updated to 1903 I get a message that there is no mail app associated. I do not have Outlook, only the Mail app from the app store. When I look at file associations or default programs I see Mail but I still get the weird message every...
  8. Default Message Font in Windows 10 Mail app

Default Message Font in Windows 10 Mail app: Because of my small screen (10.2") I set the default font for the mail app (using Window 10 Home v. 1903, completely up-to-date as of July 30) at 12-point. However, when I start to prepare a new mail message, it always goes back to 11-point, EVEN THOUGH THE DEFAULT FONT...
  9. Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 How to Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both...
  10. No default mail app

in Browsers and Email
    No default mail app: I want to right click on a file and send it to a mail recipient but Windows 10 PRO 16299.309 tell me there is no default mail client. I have looked at the Windows default mail app and it is set to Outlook 2016, no success. I have opened Outlook 2016 and made sure that I...