Windows 10: Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?

Discus and support Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm 99% sure that when I used File > Email Link from my Firefox browser it would always open my preferred and long standing application, Agent (from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Terrypin Win User

Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?

I'm 99% sure that when I used File > Email Link from my Firefox browser it would always open my preferred and long standing application, Agent (from Forte). But today I got this message:

Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store? [​IMG]

On going to Settings > Apps & Features > Default Apps I cannot find any way to choose Agent.

I want none of the four options offered, but the only alternative seems to be to choose from the Microsoft Store!

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?

1. Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - Default mail apps

2. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  3. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  4. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mail app as a default

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail app as a default: Why would I use "mail" in windows 10 when I already have a gmail account? What is the purpose of "mail"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-as-a-default/5633cbb2-8eb8-45a8-a6d6-9540d17f450d
  6. Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?

in Browsers and Email
    Default mail apps restricted to Microsoft Store?: I'm 99% sure that when I used File > Email Link from my Firefox browser it would always open my preferred and long standing application, Agent (from Forte). But today I got this message: [img] On going to Settings > Apps & Features > Default Apps I cannot find any way to...
  7. default mail app

default mail app: Every time I start up my PC since I updated to 1903 I get a message that there is no mail app associated. I do not have Outlook, only the Mail app from the app store. When I look at file associations or default programs I see Mail but I still get the weird message every...
  8. default apps from microsoft store

default apps from microsoft store: hello, some apps are installed default from store, even i don't use them and i uninstall these apps but they will automatically install again after some time. how to solve this?...
  9. Microsoft Store - default apps cant be removed ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - default apps cant be removed ?: Hello, Earlier today, after trying to remove Acronis, I found myself unable to boot my computer, so ended up reverting the installation using the Troubleshooting functionality. This all worked pretty well, however, the Microsoft Store appears to now have a problem. Its...
  10. No default mail app

in Browsers and Email
    No default mail app: I want to right click on a file and send it to a mail recipient but Windows 10 PRO 16299.309 tell me there is no default mail client. I have looked at the Windows default mail app and it is set to Outlook 2016, no success. I have opened Outlook 2016 and made sure that I...