Windows 10: Default microphone

Discus and support Default microphone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i got a good webcam logitech c922 pro and it has an awful microphone but good video. I have an external Blue Yeti Blackout microphone nut i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jaydan Thomas Daniel, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Default microphone

Hi i got a good webcam logitech c922 pro and it has an awful microphone but good video. I have an external Blue Yeti Blackout microphone nut i cant find a way to change the default microphone from the camera to the external mic.

THIs is not a problem in other apps I.E Discord OBS Teams. I like the camera app over OBS becuse the camera app doesnt take as much RAM and i only have 4GB of RAM. So things don’t look as choppy when recording.

:)

Jaydan Thomas Daniel, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Default microphone

USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Default microphone

1. Default microphone - Similar Threads - Default microphone

2. Microphone Realtek AudioR or Default Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Realtek AudioR or Default Audio not working.: My laptop microphone, which was working very well as of 2pm last night, is not working in any way as of today. I cannot send any input via Discord or Whatsapp. Or I cannot record any voice in my PC.There is no situation where the Microphone is disabled or not connected in any...
  3. Microphone Realtek AudioR or Default Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Realtek AudioR or Default Audio not working.: My laptop microphone, which was working very well as of 2pm last night, is not working in any way as of today. I cannot send any input via Discord or Whatsapp. Or I cannot record any voice in my PC.There is no situation where the Microphone is disabled or not connected in any...
  4. Microphone Realtek AudioR or Default Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Microphone keeps going from disabled to default device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone keeps going from disabled to default device: It keeps going from disabled to default device with a virtual microphone which is voicemod's virtual mic but it constanly keeps going from disabled to default device, and I don't know what to do....
  6. My Microphone keeps going from disabled to default device

My Microphone keeps going from disabled to default device: It keeps going from disabled to default device with a virtual microphone which is voicemod's virtual mic but it constanly keeps going from disabled to default device, and I don't know what to do....
  7. How to keep microphone as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep microphone as default: I have a little amplifier with a USB interface connected to a pair of speakers that I use for Windows sound. The amplifier gets automatically turned off with my screen, at which point it disappears from Windows. When the amplifier is turned back on, Windows picks it up and...
  8. How to keep microphone as default

How to keep microphone as default: I have a little amplifier with a USB interface connected to a pair of speakers that I use for Windows sound. The amplifier gets automatically turned off with my screen, at which point it disappears from Windows. When the amplifier is turned back on, Windows picks it up and...
  9. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...
  10. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...