Windows 10: Default Music Program

Discus and support Default Music Program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When will Windows make Spotify a default music program. I understand Spotify uses its own music file type, but seeing the popularity of the platform it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by j.martin8494, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Default Music Program

When will Windows make Spotify a default music program. I understand Spotify uses its own music file type, but seeing the popularity of the platform it should be worked into a future build of Windows.

:)

j.martin8494, Aug 25, 2018
  2. UrunTekin Win User

Default Music Player

Hello,

I want to assign my keyboard's launch music player key to Spotify on win 10. For this I need to either assign the media key to the program somehow, or change the default music player.

The default music player is Groove and this is the one that starts when I press music player button. I cannot change the default program to Spotify, because it does not show up in the list when I go to default programs > music player. It suggest I search
    in the store, so I downloaded store version of Spotify as well, and it still doesn't show up there.

So how do I either change the behaviour of the music launcher key, or change the default music player to a program that does not show up in the list of music players under default programs.

UrunTekin, Aug 25, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Default Music Program

Default programs are not working.

I recently received and update for my Windows 7 system and an automatic update for my Windows 10 system. Since then, default programs have been changed. The programs that were the default programs are no longer in the default program list. (ie. Word,
    Excel, Access and a variety of other programs.)

Clicking on Settings, Default Programs and Set Default Programs produces a list of 13 programs. There use to be and should be many more. Why screw with us like this with updates? PR is at an all time low.

I can find no way to add them back into the default list. Therefore, I can not change the default program to my choice. It looks like Edge is used to display most everything. Google.doc also used at times. Both of these programs are of an inferior design
    and usability.

Once again, it looks like Microsoft and Bill Gates have struck again. Does anybody have any solutions or suggestions to try?

lylethethumb, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Default Music Program

1. Default Music Program - Similar Threads - Default Music Program

2. Setting the default program for music player to a directory and .exe for Spotify music to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting the default program for music player to a directory and .exe for Spotify music to...: I have a key on my keyboard that opens music, all the buttons open programs and I like having that. Browser opens firefox, computer opens files, email opens emails, and the music key on my keyboard opens groove music which I do not use. I went into set default music player,...
  3. Spotify as default music app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotify as default music app: Hi, i was wondering why I can't seem to be able to add spotify as my default music app? I'm in the latest version of Windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-as-default-music-app/413124c1-46e1-4c0c-aac7-80db35e908de
  4. Default programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default programs: I just reinstalled Windows10 with latest updates and now when I go to Settings to set my defaults specifically Photos - ThumbsPlus , ThumbsPlus does not show up as a selection. The option to select another program from this PC is no longer there, the only options are various...
  5. Default Music Player Issues

Default Music Player Issues: Hello! As a Microsoft user, I noticed that all my mp3 files open up with Apple's iTunes software rather than Groove music. I figured it would be an easy fix by just resetting Groove to the default music player, but it turns out that Groove was already the default. That's...
  6. Default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default programs: I have set up my default browser properly and when I start it, after startup, it asks me t;o make it the default browser; I have to set it up again and I still get the "make me the default browser" . I know how to do it properly, I've been doing it for years, also the...
  7. music program playlist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    music program playlist: hello! i am having difficulty playing my music thats listed in or a playlist. when i open it, a pop up says it had difficulty pulling up this folder. i have no signs saying it might have been deleted, or corrupt. maybe i dont know what steps to do to start it. i sure...
  8. Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program: [ATTACH] Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again. Why can not I change the default music Groove app?...
  9. Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program: Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again. Why can not I change the default music Groove app?[ATTACH][ATTACH] ***Modified title from: Music Groove...
  10. Default Programs??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default Programs??: I'm making a Windows 10 Pro image and I want to make some programs I installed from the administrator account to be default for all users that sign in from our active directory. Is this possible just by using the admin account?? 38787