Windows 10: Default pdf maker

Discus and support Default pdf maker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Wish to install Adobe PDF Pro as default, not Edge. Have followed directions given for choosing defaults. Settings do not allow change. (Desired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlotteO'Keefe, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Default pdf maker

Wish to install Adobe PDF Pro as default, not Edge. Have followed directions given for choosing defaults. Settings do not allow change. (Desired software is installed, but not listed as an option.)

:)

CharlotteO'Keefe, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Make Adobe Pro default PDF program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• Do you get any error message?
    • How are you trying to set the program as default?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down to “.pdf” extention and click on the corresponding app on the right side of the extention and change it to Adobe and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Default pdf maker

Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Default pdf maker

1. Default pdf maker - Similar Threads - Default pdf maker

2. Set Firefox as default .pdf reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Firefox as default .pdf reader: I used to use Firefox as my default .pdf reader. Somehow, the default app was changed to Evernote. When I went to Default App Settings for .pdf files, Edge of course, Chrome, and Opera were listed as options but not Firefox. How do I add Firefox as an option for my default...
  3. outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker

in Microsoft Office and 365
    outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker: On one of my W10 systems outlook fails when trying to load "Adobe PDFmaker Office COM addin". The program startup just silently fails. (It doesn't give problems on any of my other 3 systems.) Although it seems to be a well-known issue with the typical myriad of proposed...
  4. outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker

in Windows 10 Support
    outlook startup problems -Adobe pdf maker: On one of my W10 systems outlook fails when trying to load "Adobe PDFmaker Office COM addin". The program startup just silently fails. (It doesn't give problems on any of my other 3 systems.) Although it seems to be a well-known issue with the typical myriad of proposed...
  5. Change default printer for PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change default printer for PDF: How do I change the default printer in Foxit Reader from Foxit printer to HP 1050 which is the default printer on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-printer-for-pdf/3db57bfd-644c-423d-87ff-41e318927a17
  6. set pdf as default printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    set pdf as default printer: Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this thanks 129543
  7. set pdf as default printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    set pdf as default printer: Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this thanks 129543
  8. Changing default PDF reader

Changing default PDF reader: I have two PDF reader files installed. The first is Adobe Reader which is required by specific programs issued by the Australian Taxation Office - NO other reader is permitted or works. The second, and my preferred reader is Nuance Power PDF Standard. I want the second...
  9. default pdf reader

default pdf reader: I had foxit, it would not open pdf files as default, edge, firefox, chrome, they all opened as default depending which browser I was using. Uninstalled foxit, removed all traces with revo uninstaller. Reinstalled foxit as default. Went to apps and made foxit default....
  10. How to set default pdf reader

How to set default pdf reader: Since an update to windows 10 (last but one) every time I click a pdf file to open it, win10 insists on opening it in Edge - even after selecting 'open with' and confirming Acrobat as my default pdf reader. Anyone any ideas on how to stop Win10 controlling my pdf reader...