Windows 10: Default Photoshop App for jpeg

Discus and support Default Photoshop App for jpeg in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wish to set Adobe Photoshop 2019 as my default for jpegs. Can do this for Tiffs and PSDs but not jpegs. Om Settomgs under set defaults by app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leamy, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Leamy Win User

Default Photoshop App for jpeg

I wish to set Adobe Photoshop 2019 as my default for jpegs. Can do this for Tiffs and PSDs but not jpegs. Om Settomgs under set defaults by app Adobe Photoshop 2019 is not there but I have it on my computer and it works ok.

Also in choose default applications by file type Adobe Photoshop 2019 is there but under jpeg it will only let me choose Photo View and Photos. Cannot choose Adobe Photoshop 2019 says go to store but of course it is not in the store the app is already on my machine.

:)

Leamy, Nov 27, 2018
  2. shytot Win User

Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

Hi
    I've just downloaded Photoshop CC2018 and tried to make it the default photo viewer, but it does not appear in the list of apps that I can select from. Have also tried doing the same for opening .jpg files, but just the same, no Photoshop! I have rebooted the system a couple of times but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

shytot, Nov 27, 2018
  3. making Photoshop default for JPEG

Since you've mentioned that your computer is running the version 1703 build 15063, here are the steps in order to use Photoshop as the default program for all photo formats, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Scroll down and click on Set defaults by app.
    • Choose Photoshop from the left pane, under Set your default programs.
    • Click on Choose defaults for this program.
    • Select JPEG and JPG by putting a check mark on the box before them.
    • Click Save.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Darian Tab, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Default Photoshop App for jpeg

making Photoshop default for JPEG

Hi Bob,

There are a few steps on how you can choose a default program in Windows 10. Choosing a program from
    Choose default apps under Settings is one, but since you would like to use Photoshop as the default program for all photo formats, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Scroll down and click on Set defaults by app.
    • Choose Photoshop from the left pane, under Set your default programs.
    • Click on Choose defaults for this program.
    • Select JPEG and JPG by putting a check mark on the box before them.
    • Click Save.

Let us know if you need further help.

Darian Tab, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Default Photoshop App for jpeg

1. Default Photoshop App for jpeg - Similar Threads - Default Photoshop App

2. Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons: Hello guys, just want to ask if someone out there has experience with windows apps like calculator, camera and other stuff's icon turns into jpeg icon. I just noticed this today and I'm annoyed about it, below is my screenshot of it...
  3. Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons: Hello guys, just want to ask if someone out there has experience with windows apps like calculator, camera and other stuff's icon turns into jpeg icon. I just noticed this today and I'm annoyed about it, below is my screenshot of it...
  4. Windows 10 default apps turns into Jpeg icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. JPG and JPEG file types cannot be associated or set with default app

JPG and JPEG file types cannot be associated or set with default app: Hi,New HP Envy PC, Windows 11 pre-installed. When I use Open With to change the default app from Microsoft Photos to something else, there is no option to set a different app as the default file type.When I go into settings and try to associate JPG or JPEG, they do not come...
  6. photoshop default app availability lost

photoshop default app availability lost: Running win 10 ver1803 and photoshop cc 2018. why is the latter no longer available as default in the former?. the poorer photoshop express is useable! All obvious fixes don't work....
  7. Can't set Photoshop as default

Can't set Photoshop as default: I have Windows 10 Home version 1803 (OS Build 17134.407. Until I got the update 1803 for Windows, Photoshop was always my default and it worked perfectly. Photoshop itself works just fine, but Windows will not allow it to be the default. I have tried to set Photoshop...
  8. default app for jpegs keeps changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    default app for jpegs keeps changing: I prefer Windows Photo Viewer to view jpeg images. For some reason, on occasion, this app will not open, and worst, it is not listed in when I use "open with." Opening an image from it's folder brings up another app I use, FastStone. I went to settings and changed the...
  9. Can't set Photoshop CS6 as default app, silently changes to other apps

Can't set Photoshop CS6 as default app, silently changes to other apps: I just upgraded my work computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home x64, build 1803. It was an in-place upgrade, not a fresh install (probably a mistake I know, but this is a production system so I had to minimize downtime & couldn't spend hours reconfiguring a fresh install)....
  10. Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App: Hi I've just downloaded Photoshop CC2018 and tried to make it the default photo viewer, but it does not appear in the list of apps that I can select from. Have also tried doing the same for opening .jpg files, but just the same, no Photoshop! I have rebooted the system a...