Windows 10: Default Pictures path points to OneDrive - not able to change that

Discus and support Default Pictures path points to OneDrive - not able to change that in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a very frustrating problem. Today all my images from default pictures path disappeared "C:/users/%username%/Pictures". I was also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rainteq, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Rainteq Win User

Default Pictures path points to OneDrive - not able to change that

Hello,

I have a very frustrating problem.

Today all my images from default pictures path disappeared "C:/users/%username%/Pictures". I was also getting information each time that I wanted to open the "Pictures" folder from quick-access menu that"location is not available".

After PC restart new folder appeared with path "C:/users/%username%/OneDrive/Pictures". But I am not using OneDrive.

Tried to change default path back to system default but am not able to as each time I press "reset default" it says: "You can't move this folder here".

Anyone have idea how to fix it?

:)

Rainteq, Jul 3, 2020
  2. ChuckWM Win User

Windows 10 Default Path for Documents - Changing from OneDrive to User location

How do I change the default path definition for "Documents" from my OneDrive location C:\Users\...\OneDrive\Documents

to C:\Users\...\Documents

The default for everything is OneDrive and I don't want that. I want the file explore to point to my local C drive and not the OneDrive start

Thanks

ChuckWM, Jul 3, 2020
  3. dlobe Win User
    Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit.
    Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.
    After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive
    I want the default set to OneDrive but the option is not available in Settings, System, Storage. Only option available is This PC.

Please help...Thanks

Doug

Default Pictures path points to OneDrive - not able to change that [​IMG]

dlobe, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Default Pictures path points to OneDrive - not able to change that - Similar Threads - Default Pictures path

2. OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path: Dear Microsoft,I am deeply annoyed by the OneDrive functionality. I like the integrated cloud function and the way I can store files in the cloud. There just are private documents that I specifically do not want to share with Microsoft. That is why I specifically choose to...
  3. OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path: Dear Microsoft,I am deeply annoyed by the OneDrive functionality. I like the integrated cloud function and the way I can store files in the cloud. There just are private documents that I specifically do not want to share with Microsoft. That is why I specifically choose to...
  4. OneDrive Changes Drive Path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Changes Drive Path: I wanted to quit One Drive because I am not a great fan. However, I discovered one of my Pictures Files on explorer disappeared with 2 sub folders. This is because I discovered that One Drive is now the file path “C:\Users\Me7\OneDrive”. It should be “C:\Users\me7”. I have...
  5. OneDrive Changes Drive Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Changes Drive Path: I wanted to quit One Drive because I am not a great fan. However, I discovered one of my Pictures Files on explorer disappeared with 2 sub folders. This is because I discovered that One Drive is now the file path “C:\Users\Me7\OneDrive”. It should be “C:\Users\me7”. I have...
  6. Change Default Installation Path

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Default Installation Path: Hey team, I've googled this and saw countless threads yet nothing has worked so far. Not even sure if it's possible at this point. I want to change the default installation path of downloaded programs from my C:\ to another D:\, rather than changing the path everytime I...
  7. Change default install path?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default install path?: i have 2 drives, 1 tiny SSD for the windows install (C), and one big drive for everything else (D). I want literally everything, always, on the big drive (D) yet whenever I install something it always defaults to the small windows ssd where I barely have any storage space to...
  8. OneDrive removed path to My Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive removed path to My Pictures: I am using Windows 10 Home and decided to uninstall my OneDrive so I could use it in my browser rather. After I uninstalled it some of my files in Documents went missing and my Pictures folder can't be found. I tried now attaching a picture through Snipping tool but I cant...
  9. Change default home directory path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default home directory path: Hi everyone, I have a windows 10 Pro server with a thinstuff tool to enable more than 3 remote desktop sessions at same time. This server has a 254 SSD boot disk with OS windows 10, and an extra 1TB Volume for data storage. My question is simple, i need to change the...
  10. Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to change default save location to OneDrive: I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit. Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want. After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive I want...