Windows 10: default PIN on RDP login screen

Discus and support default PIN on RDP login screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello community,By configuring Windows hello instead of a password on a laptop, I noticed that you can't get a password prompt at a Remote Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raoulg_22, May 14, 2022.

1. Raoulg_22 Win User

default PIN on RDP login screen

Hello community,By configuring Windows hello instead of a password on a laptop, I noticed that you can't get a password prompt at a Remote Desktop login screen when you start an RDP connection.Is there a way to bypass this because the PIN authentication or biometric authentication won't work on the domain network? Users find this very annoying and would like to get the correct login screen sign in with username and password. I have already set up my gatewaycredentialssource: i : 0 and still I can't get the correct password logon screen.is there someone with a solution for this?** Moved to ap

:)

Raoulg_22, May 14, 2022

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 14, 2022
  3. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue with the missing features on login screen.

1. Which security software is installed on your device?
    2. Is your device connected to domain network?

Please try the below suggested steps and check if the required sign in options are available from login screen.

Enable sign-in using PIN from group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
    3. In the right pane, double click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in policy
      to edit it.
    4. Select Enabled option from Turn on convenience PIN sign-in window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign-in using PIN is available on the login screen.

Enable sign into Windows 10 using Biometrics from Local Group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics.
    3. In the right pane of Biometrics, double click on Allow users to log on using biometrics.
    4. Select Enabled option from Allow users to log on using biometrics window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign in using Biometrics is available on the login screen.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 14, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

how do I make my pin as a default login.

Hi,

You may follow the steps below to make your PIN the default login to your device:

• Click the Start button, then type Settings.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, and select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Add. Confirm your password when prompted.
    • Set-up the desired PIN as required.
    Make sure to delete the password if you just want the PIN to be enabled.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, May 14, 2022
Thema:

1. default PIN on RDP login screen - Similar Threads - default PIN RDP

2. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?: The screens come up with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 12, etc and have the user name and you click on the user and it asks for the login password. What I would really like is to change this login screen to show a blue or black screen with justLoginUsername: Password:...
  3. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?: The screens come up with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 12, etc and have the user name and you click on the user and it asks for the login password. What I would really like is to change this login screen to show a blue or black screen with justLoginUsername: Password:...
  4. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RDP defaulting to Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP defaulting to Windows Hello PIN: I'm working on a Win11 Enterprise device which is set up with WHB PIN login.When I RDP to a Windows Server device on our network, it always defaults to asking me for a PIN and PIN logon is not supported across our network due to obvious safety reasons.Is there a way to make...
  6. RDP defaulting to Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP defaulting to Windows Hello PIN: I'm working on a Win11 Enterprise device which is set up with WHB PIN login.When I RDP to a Windows Server device on our network, it always defaults to asking me for a PIN and PIN logon is not supported across our network due to obvious safety reasons.Is there a way to make...
  7. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN: When I try to log into my laptop, I've always used my password. After I installed a recent update, sometimes I am asked for my PIN instead. This is absolutely not what I want, and I only added a pin because Office 365 suddenly demanded one. I know my PIN, but my hands...
  8. RDP Login Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Login Error: Hi,I have a very weird issue. Whenever we try to RDP into a computer using the email address as the username, the RDP will connect but then we'll get a login error saying wrong username and password. All computers are Windows 10 PROIt'll display the username but it's adding...
  9. Login Screen Not Defaulting to Domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Screen Not Defaulting to Domain: Hello Everyone, Some of the computers on our domain have started to default to AzureAD when trying to sign in. Normally you can sign directly into our domain and authenticate against our on premise AD. Users now have to type "domain\connor" instead of "connor". How do...
  10. PIN logon screen as default not remembered?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN logon screen as default not remembered?: Hi there! After the Creators update on my Surface Pro 4, the default logon screen, which used to be PIN (with face recognition), isn't the default anymore. I now constantly have to click "sign-in options" and then "PIN". Windows 10 also doesn't remember it after a few...