Windows 10: Default Print Screen Behavior

Discus and support Default Print Screen Behavior in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was wondering if there is a way to change the default capture for Print Screen in Windows 10.I use multiple monitors, and tapping print screen as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ramen Junkie, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Default Print Screen Behavior

I was wondering if there is a way to change the default capture for Print Screen in Windows 10.I use multiple monitors, and tapping print screen as it is, pushes a capture of both monitors to One Drive in the Screen Shots folder, which is great, but I would rather it capture the active window or even just the active monitor only. I know you can use snipping tools or alt+printscreen and all that, but if I am playing a game and want to capture a quick screen shot, I'd rather just tap one key quickly. The way it is now, I have to manually crop all the images after I'm done. I have 3rd party to

:)

Ramen Junkie, Jun 11, 2021

2. Internet Explorer - Print all frames individually by default

Greetings,

I am having trouble figuring out how to make internet explorer print all frames individually by default. I see many posts about people wanting the opposite behavior, but my I.E. (and everyone at our company) it is set to print as laid out on screen, and
    this is NOT what we want. How do we change the default behavior when printing? As of now, we have to print preview EVERYTHING we print, these extra unnecessary steps need to be removed.

brandotoao, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Default Print Screen Behavior

Printing

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the printer?

• Are you getting any error message when you try to print?
    I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager.

• Select devices and printers

• Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).

I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• In the left pane click on View all.

• Select the printer option and
      follow the on screen instructions.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Default Print Screen Behavior

1. Default Print Screen Behavior - Similar Threads - Default Print Screen

2. Media Folder Defaults Automatic Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Folder Defaults Automatic Behavior: I work a lot with media files. I set folders to sort by 'type'. If I make a change in the name or location of the folder, the folder 'sot by' reverts to default media items like 'album'. How can I stop this behavior?...
  3. Media Folder Defaults Automatic Behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Folder Defaults Automatic Behavior: I work a lot with media files. I set folders to sort by 'type'. If I make a change in the name or location of the folder, the folder 'sot by' reverts to default media items like 'album'. How can I stop this behavior?...
  4. Unusual Screen Behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unusual Screen Behavior: Hello everyone! I was encountering this problem not too long ago with my Windows 10 Acer Aspire A514-53. Every time I turn on my PC, a straight horizontal purple line at the bottom part of the screen keeps on blinking and lasts for at least 30 seconds or more. This behavior...
  5. Default behavior when a monitor is plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default behavior when a monitor is plugged in: Whenever I plug my external monitor into my laptop, it defaults to only displaying on the monitor and I have to manually switch to extending the displays. Is there anyway to change the default behavior so it extends the displays instead of only showing on one of them?...
  6. Weird screen behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen behavior: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cxcris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvnrx2/weird_screen_behavior/
  7. Print screen default.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print screen default.: Is it possible to change the default to Jpeg from PNG when using print screen in Windows 10. I know you can use the Snipping tool but is there a more permanent way of saving to Jpeg ? Brian...
  8. Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 changes Outlook default behavior: In upgrading from Windows 8 to Win10, it's changed a number of default settings which I can't figure out how to change. First, when I send a message in Outlook 2013, it returns me to the desktop instead of the Inbox. THis is incredibly annoying. Does anyone know how to...
  9. Windows Defender Default Behavior

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Default Behavior: I just started using Windows Defender on my new Windows 10 PC. I uninstalled the Mcafee trial software through the control panel then used the Mcafee uninstall program as well. Initially, Defender wanted to run a quick scan which I did. My question is this: By default, in...
  10. Login screen behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen behavior: On my desktop, Windows 10 boots to login screen and gives me a little network type icon to click which then takes me to the password entry. On my laptop I don't get the icon and I have to do a weird swipe up move to get to password screen. Would prefer the icon. 39166