Windows 10: Default print settings - I want to print A4 with these settings selected - but end result is A5

Discus and support Default print settings - I want to print A4 with these settings selected - but end result is A5 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, looking for tech help please. I recently upgraded to a HP Bang & Olufsen Envy which is very nice, thank you. However still ironing out some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fashion Student Online, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Default print settings - I want to print A4 with these settings selected - but end result is A5

Hi there, looking for tech help please.

I recently upgraded to a HP Bang & Olufsen Envy which is very nice, thank you. However still ironing out some defaulting issues.

I am fairly knowledgeable with tech things but I can't figure out where this problem is coming from.

My print setting are A4 portrait or A4 landscape when I chose to print or when I go into settings and change the default settings. However when the paper is printed it is A5 - half of a landscape page. My previous laptop is open next to me and I do the exact same thing and it prints A4 portrait on the entire page.

I am missing something in the default setting somewhere and I can not find it. I have gone into settings and changed it, run trouble shooter, changed the advanced settings and all are A4 portrait.

My printer is s wireless brother. I haven't tried sending anything to another printer from this laptop and not sure if its the printer but it printing fine from my old laptop.

Thank you.

:)

Fashion Student Online, Nov 27, 2020
  2. ValHawley Win User

Default 'Print To PDF' settings in Windows

Wen printing out a document using Print to PDF' I always have to go through the rigmarole of setting the page size to A4 - the default is Letter. I have tried changing the defaults in the printer settings (they are all set to A4) but still the default
    appears as Letter.

ValHawley, Nov 27, 2020
  3. A4 poster to 2 x A5 flyers

How do I make one A4 poster in to 2 x A5 flyers printed on one sheet of A4 paper

John.Nixon54, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Default print settings - I want to print A4 with these settings selected - but end result is A5

Default 'Print To PDF' settings in Windows

Hello Val,

I would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with modifying the default print configuration of your Windows 10 device. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Does the default paper size go back to Letter only when printing from Microsoft Edge?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell the current OS Build of your Windows 10 system? Click the
      Start button, type
      About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications to find this information.

I would like to make sure that you modified the correct printer settings.

1. Click the Start button, go to Settings >
      Devices
      > Printers & scanners.
    2. Select Microsoft Print to
      PDF
      > Manage > Printing preferences.
    3. On the Layout tab, click Advanced.
    4. Set the Paper Size to A4 and then click
      OK twice to save the changes.
    5. Restart your PC.

If this is the exact steps you performed but the issue still continues, I suggest running the Printer troubleshooter. This tool will scan and fix your PC for any misconfiguration found with your printer settings. You will need administrative permission to
    access the tool.

1. Select the Start button.
    2. Type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    3. Select Printer under
      Get up and running.
    4. Click Run the troubleshooter.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Default print settings - I want to print A4 with these settings selected - but end result is A5

1. Default print settings - I want to print A4 with these settings selected - but end result is A5 - Similar Threads - Default print settings

2. How to make a print settings for default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a print settings for default: Hi Team,I would like to know, how to make print settings for default. Please find attached image. This one every time have to select fit to page.Thanks....
  3. How to make a print settings for default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make a print settings for default: Hi Team,I would like to know, how to make print settings for default. Please find attached image. This one every time have to select fit to page.Thanks....
  4. How to make a print settings for default

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Printer set as default but I still have to select it when trying to print

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer set as default but I still have to select it when trying to print: When I try to print from any application, Adobe PDF shows instead of my selected default printer and no, the "Let Windows Choose a Printer" option is not clicked.I can change to the printer that is actually selected as the default, but shouldn't the default printer be the one...
  6. Printer set as default but I still have to select it when trying to print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer set as default but I still have to select it when trying to print: When I try to print from any application, Adobe PDF shows instead of my selected default printer and no, the "Let Windows Choose a Printer" option is not clicked.I can change to the printer that is actually selected as the default, but shouldn't the default printer be the one...
  7. Printing A4 from two A5 pages, using Word 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing A4 from two A5 pages, using Word 2010: Okay, so I learned how to print two A5 pages on one A4 sheet. That has been very useful. However, my new problem is the reverse of this.I have produced my own physical perennial diary - great for reminding me to get the MoT done, buy insurance, put the bins out, etc. This has...
  8. Notepad default print settings changes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notepad default print settings changes: I have fixed notepad print settings using administrator login, now when I log in to standard user this settings changes and reset to default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-default-print-settings-changes/03026f9e-d6ad-4d4d-ba38-2d34b6197cb6
  9. Windows Photos - default print settings

Windows Photos - default print settings: When printing from Photos, I'll set the printer to use a certain tray with certain paper and size. The next photo I print, even from the same session, resets those selections. For every photo, I have to change them back. There must be a default in Photos, right? It appears to...
  10. Windows Photots - default print settings

Windows Photots - default print settings: When printing from Photos, I'll set the printer to use a certain tray with certain paper and size. The next photo I print, even from the same session, resets those selections. For every photo, I have to change them back. There must be a default in Photos, right? It appears to...