Windows 10: Default printer choice doesn't stick

Discus and support Default printer choice doesn't stick in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon!How do I get the Microsoft Print to pdf option to stop changing my default printer? I have a consistent printing pattern that I use that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Closings closings, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Default printer choice doesn't stick

Good afternoon!How do I get the Microsoft Print to pdf option to stop changing my default printer? I have a consistent printing pattern that I use that for now, does not include 'Microsoft Print to pdf' and I continue to choose the default printer, but the next thing I know I have printed something remotely to my office and when someone goes to pick it up it isn't there because the default printer had changed back to 'Microsoft Print to pdf' and I didn't realize it. I move quickly through my printing tasks and when the default choice that I make changes itself to something else, I have to go

:)

Closings closings, Aug 5, 2021
  2. AlbertoMA Win User

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Aug 5, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Default printer choice doesn't stick [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Default printer choice doesn't stick

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Default printer choice doesn't stick

1. Default printer choice doesn't stick - Similar Threads - Default printer choice

2. Printer sharing won't 'stick'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer sharing won't 'stick': I share my printer and exit the window. The printer is still not shared. When I go back in to printer properties I can share it all over again and it still is not shared....
  3. Printer sharing won't 'stick'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer sharing won't 'stick': I share my printer and exit the window. The printer is still not shared. When I go back in to printer properties I can share it all over again and it still is not shared....
  4. Printer sharing won't 'stick'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to set a default app to prompt for a choice?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set a default app to prompt for a choice?: I would like to set the default for a file type to prompt me to choose which app I want to use. I have two apps that use the same file type and want the ability to choose between them on the fly. How do I do this? I also have a problem that the file type .ris does not show up...
  6. Default printer

Default printer: Why has my default printer disappeared in Control Panel Device and Printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-printer/ed5219fa-0857-40de-81eb-4f66121336d2
  7. Default e-mail not working and no choices

in Browsers and Email
    Default e-mail not working and no choices: I use an email client but can't set it as default anymore. I used to be able to choose it as a default. In the latest update, to change my default email it offers me the windows mail or to look on the microsoft store. Why can I no longer pick the one I want from my computer....
  8. printer default

printer default: I have a Lenovo laptop. I'm trying to print and the settings are set to printer default offline. How do I change this to on? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-default/bb06e599-ac40-40da-9eb3-f7ef18ba8998
  9. printer default

printer default: undefault the printer It won't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-default/d060e7f7-0537-4b26-9714-83bb57ce3d74
  10. 'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.: What I do: 1. Make a new file, call it test.srt 2. Double click it, now a dialog opens: "How do you want to open this file?" 3. Select Notepad, be sure that "Always use this app to open .srt files" is selected4. Click OK. 5. The file should correctly open with Notepad....