Windows 10: Default printer keeps changing even after settings change

Discus and support Default printer keeps changing even after settings change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all. I realize Windows 10 defaults to last printer used and you have to turn that off in settings. That solved my problem. However, since adding a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by damienrival, May 16, 2016.

1. Default printer keeps changing even after settings change

Hey all. I realize Windows 10 defaults to last printer used and you have to turn that off in settings. That solved my problem. However, since adding a new PC to my network and using a printer as a network printer, it seems to over ride the setting and keeps changing my default printer to the last used one. Its a tiny thermal printer so this is a huge pain *Mad.

Any advice? Again I've already set my default printer and switched the last used option to "off"

Also, the new PC is running on windows 10 but does not have the option to turn off last used printer as default.

:)

damienrival, May 16, 2016

2. Default Printer keeps changing in Windows 10

The Update didn't fix the issue. The update changed ALL of my personal settings (negative kudos Microsoft) and even after changing the settings to allow Microsoft to manage my default printer was disabled, the changing of the default printer still occurred.

EricChanZK, May 16, 2016
  3. default printer keeps change

Hi,

I am using Windows 10. The problem is the default printer keeps change. For example, I set printer A as the default printer. Then I print to printer B. Then the system change my default printer to printer B. It is very strange and the problem is repeatable.

Please advise what could cause the problem.

Thanks,

graceyin39, May 16, 2016
  4. Default printer keeps changing even after settings change

I'm having the same problem - default to last printer is turned off on all the network computers. It will change the default printer occasionally to the one that is attached to this computer that is having the problem. It too is a thermal printer! I'm thinking of reinstalling the thermal printer just in case.

The rest of the computers have no issues with this and will print where they are told to automatically.

Pasojofino, May 17, 2016
  5. d4rr3n Win User
    I also have this problem, all updates are installed all machines have let windows manage my printers turned off.

1 machine has a shared thermal label printer whenever another network user prints to this shared printer the host machine selects it as the default printer!!! Has anyone managed to find a solution for this?

Darren

d4rr3n, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Default printer keeps changing even after settings change

1. Default printer keeps changing even after settings change - Similar Threads - Default printer keeps

2. Windows keeps changing default printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps changing default printers: I have two session hosts in Azure VDI that I am using for user sessions with FSLogix being utilized for user profiles. I have multiple users whose default printer keeps changing to a "virtual" printer such as the Adobe PDF printer or a Webex Printer that is installed. This...
  3. Windows keeps changing default printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps changing default printers: I have two session hosts in Azure VDI that I am using for user sessions with FSLogix being utilized for user profiles. I have multiple users whose default printer keeps changing to a "virtual" printer such as the Adobe PDF printer or a Webex Printer that is installed. This...
  4. Windows keeps changing default printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Default printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default printer keeps changing: I have set my default printer to Adobe PDF. I do occasionally print to an actual printer. I have turned off the "let windows manage printers" option. I have verified the Registry Editor has been changed from "0" to "1". Why does it still keep changing the default printer?...
  6. Default printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default printer keeps changing: I have set my default printer to Adobe PDF. I do occasionally print to an actual printer. I have turned off the "let windows manage printers" option. I have verified the Registry Editor has been changed from "0" to "1". Why does it still keep changing the default printer?...
  7. default printer keeps changing to pdf printer

default printer keeps changing to pdf printer: My default printer is always set to my regular paper printer. Occasionally when I 'print to pdf' windows 10 keeps changing my default printer to the pdf and I have to manually go back to the settings and change it to my preferred printer.The 'let windows manage my default...
  8. Default Printer keeps changing

Default Printer keeps changing: it seems whenever i use a PDF printer like Microsoft Print to PDF or PDF Factory, my default printer changes to that PDF printer even though i have the option to let windows select the printer set to off. Is there a way to stop this?...
  9. Change printer default settings

Change printer default settings: How do you change printer default settings from color to black and white on windows 10? I have office365 also. Does that make a difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/change-printer-default-settings/6f785f32-dec4-448c-8259-0dfc85477859
  10. My Default Printer keeps changing

My Default Printer keeps changing: I have a default printer which is a network printer for 99% of my printing. However, I do use a local printer when printing checks. I have the default set to the network printer and that is what I have set for the past several years through Windows 7 and now with my...