Windows 10: Default Printer still changes to last one used w/switch off

Discus and support Default Printer still changes to last one used w/switch off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having the same problem - Windows changes my default printer to the last one used, but the "Set default printer as the last one used" is off. Also,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sonpower, May 11, 2016.

1. Sonpower Win User

Default Printer still changes to last one used w/switch off

I'm having the same problem - Windows changes my default printer to the last one used, but the "Set default printer as the last one used" is off. Also, when I go into the Devices and Printers window, it has to search every time (the green progress bar takes about 5 seconds while it loads the window). I am a client on our Windows Server SBS2011, and we have about 7 printers on the network, all on the LAN (HP7610, HP M402N, HP 8600 Officejet, HP 3005, HP JetDirect w/HP430 Plotter, and I have a Brother P2430 connected directly to my computer- this is driving me nuts

:)

Sonpower, May 11, 2016
  2. Stephen_C Win User

Default Printer keeps changing in Windows 10

I have turned off let Windows manage your default printer and the default printer is
    still changing to the last used printer. The setting is showing as "off" but clearly this is not the case.

Stephen_C, May 11, 2016
  3. RD333 Win User
    Win 10 Update Default Printer Changing Issues

I found the answer......I turned "OFF" the setting to use your last used printer by default.

How to set a default printer in Windows 10

• To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings. Go to Devices and select a printer. Then
      select Make default.
    • In Windows 10, your default can be the printer you last used. To turn on this mode, open Start and select Settings. Go to Devices and
      switch Use your last used printer by default to On.

RD333, May 11, 2016
  4. Default Printer still changes to last one used w/switch off

redbeard914, May 15, 2016
  5. nkawtg Win User
    Nope, doesn't work.
    Printer still changes to the last printer in the list, not the last printer used.
    This is tiresome.

nkawtg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Default Printer still changes to last one used w/switch off

1. Default Printer still changes to last one used w/switch off - Similar Threads - Default Printer still

2. Default printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default printer keeps changing: I have set my default printer to Adobe PDF. I do occasionally print to an actual printer. I have turned off the "let windows manage printers" option. I have verified the Registry Editor has been changed from "0" to "1". Why does it still keep changing the default printer?...
  3. Default Printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Printer keeps changing: it seems whenever i use a PDF printer like Microsoft Print to PDF or PDF Factory, my default printer changes to that PDF printer even though i have the option to let windows select the printer set to off. Is there a way to stop this?...
  4. After switching on printer, Windows still sees it as off-line

After switching on printer, Windows still sees it as off-line: I have a Brother HL-L5100DN laserprinter, connected via LAN to the home network. Since a Windows update, there is the following issue. When I switch on the printer and make a print, the printing process does not start. Windows sees the printer still as off-line. When I set...
  5. I changed the notification sound but the default one still goes off when I receive a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed the notification sound but the default one still goes off when I receive a...: So I'm using RuneLite to play OSRS and I have idle notifier turned on The default Windows notification sound is way too loud so I switched to a different one Yet, when I receive a notification the default sound along with the other sound I chose goes off Any help?...
  6. Default printer changes

Default printer changes: [img] [img] I use a samsung printer as my default printer. I also have a Dymo labelwriter 450 twin turbo. When i print a lable on my dymo printer win 10 will set the dymo to my default printer which i obviously don't want. I have "Let windows manage my default printer"...
  7. Default Printer keeps changing to last used in Windows 10

Default Printer keeps changing to last used in Windows 10: I have the same problem as reported here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/default-printer-keeps-changing-in-windows-10/6848c6cd-59fe-4c83-aae6-4be70972f6c7, but this simple fix does not change the problem. I have unselected the option to...
  8. Printer switch to One Note

Printer switch to One Note: Hi, My printer is set to be default and yet whenever I choose to print, it always print to One Note. Please advise how to fix this for good. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-switch-to-one-note/f71b7037-ae06-4890-99cf-811e49ccdf4e
  9. Change printer default settings

Change printer default settings: How do you change printer default settings from color to black and white on windows 10? I have office365 also. Does that make a difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/change-printer-default-settings/6f785f32-dec4-448c-8259-0dfc85477859
  10. Default Printer Problem -- "Manage my default printer = OFF"

Default Printer Problem -- "Manage my default printer = OFF": Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand that Windows 10 has a new feature that automatically sets your effective default printer to the last device used (unless you explicitly turn OFF the "Let Windows manage my default printer" feature). I have turned this feature OFF (and...