Windows 10: Default printer via GPO

Discus and support Default printer via GPO in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hey all , im trying to set default printer on the client PC via GPO can someone guide me how to do that ? 178471 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by confo, May 4, 2021.

1. confo Win User

Default printer via GPO

hey all , im trying to set default printer on the client PC via GPO can someone guide me how to do that ?

:)

confo, May 4, 2021
  2. confo Win User

Default printer via GPO

hey all ,
    im trying to set default printer on the client PC via GPO
    can someone guide me how to do that ?

confo, May 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 4, 2021
  4. Default printer via GPO

How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO

Hi,

I need to create a GPO making "Send to OneNote" as the default printer when no physical printer is setup or installed, like when logging-in to a workstation for the first time.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

BernardAtWork, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Default printer via GPO

1. Default printer via GPO - Similar Threads - Default printer via

2. Apply Color Management via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply Color Management via GPO: Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Device Profile for Color Management via GPO/ADMX/WEM?Thanks Ste https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apply-color-management-via-gpo/5014040f-fc6e-457e-bd31-264d69dae829
  3. Enable PS-Remoting via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable PS-Remoting via GPO: Good day,I have a bit of an issue. I need to be able to Enter-PSSession across my domain, but it does not work until on the client computer I run Enable-PSRemoting from the end point. I have GPO configured and have read 'guides' that all say to setup GPO the same so I have my...
  4. Enable PS-Remoting via GPO

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable PS-Remoting via GPO: Good day,I have a bit of an issue. I need to be able to Enter-PSSession across my domain, but it does not work until on the client computer I run Enable-PSRemoting from the end point. I have GPO configured and have read 'guides' that all say to setup GPO the same so I have my...
  5. Implement Quick Assist via GPO

Implement Quick Assist via GPO: Hi, I want to implement Quick Assist to every machine. Is there a way to automate the quick assist icon display to machine desktop? Is it possible to do it via GPO? Thanks & Regards, John...
  6. Setting Defender Options via GPO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting Defender Options via GPO: Hi all, I am trying to change a setting for 'App & browser control' --> 'Check apps and files' from 'Warn' to 'Block' via a GPO setting. I believe that I have the latest Windows Defender template installed. I cannot see an option to enforce the 'Block' setting, I I can...
  7. How to set Default apps by file type on the windows 10 via gpo?

How to set Default apps by file type on the windows 10 via gpo?: How to set Default apps by file type on the windows 10 via gpo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-default-apps-by-file-type-on-the/15cbb2ba-d4c2-42af-8b27-d0f1ece56634
  8. Network Printers deployed via GPO to computer randomly stop showing for users

Network Printers deployed via GPO to computer randomly stop showing for users: We have had printers deployed via GPO from a print server for several years now. We push the policy to computer not user, so no matter who logins the printer will be there. Suddenly we are having computers randomly not show the printers at the client. We are all win10...
  9. How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make "Send To OneNote" as default printer via GPO: Hi, I need to create a GPO making "Send to OneNote" as the default printer when no physical printer is setup or installed, like when logging-in to a workstation for the first time. Thanks for the help. Cheers, BernardAtWork...
  10. Disable Mail app via GPO

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Mail app via GPO: Hello, In our environment we have the problem that the default association for the mailto: protocol is not consistently set to open Outlook. So many users who click a mailto: link will be presented with the Mail app instead of Outlook. Then they end up logging in their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com