Windows 10: Default Printer Windows 10

Discus and support Default Printer Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to temporarily set Print to PDF as my default printer. My settings are set to let Microsoft choose the default which should mean that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LizCanham, Feb 13, 2020.

1. LizCanham Win User

Default Printer Windows 10

I am trying to temporarily set Print to PDF as my default printer.

My settings are set to let Microsoft choose the default which should mean that having selected Print to PDF once, it defaults to that until I select something different.

I have also tried turning off Microsoft choosing the default and actually selecting Print to PDF as default.

Neither of these options work - my printer still defaults to my network printer which is a total pain!

Liz

:)

LizCanham, Feb 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Cannot Set Printer Default

Hi Marc,

I suggest you to place the computer in Clean boot state and then try to make the default printer.

Perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
    Step 3 from the link to start the computer to
    Normal startup mode.

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

To make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager

• Select devices and printers

• Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Default Printer Windows 10

How do I set up default printer in Windows 10

Hi Marcy,

Thank you for posting your response.

We would like to know if you are facing any issue when you printer documents with on other printer.

I would like to inform you that, whenever you give a task to printer on your computer it always selects the default printer to print.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set the printer as default.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Devices and Printers.
    • Under printers, Right on the printer.
    • Select set as default printer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Default Printer Windows 10

1. Default Printer Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Default Printer

2. Why is it so DIFFICULT to simply select my default printer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it so DIFFICULT to simply select my default printer in Windows 11?: Recent changes with Win 11 are making it very difficult to simply "select a DEFAULT" printer. Maybe I am missing something, but I had to do the following: Select SETTINGS; PRINTERS & SCANNERS; Select my Printer by NAME; THE NORMAL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL THEN SIMPLY FAILS AND...
  3. Why is it so DIFFICULT to simply select my default printer in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it so DIFFICULT to simply select my default printer in Windows 11?: Recent changes with Win 11 are making it very difficult to simply "select a DEFAULT" printer. Maybe I am missing something, but I had to do the following: Select SETTINGS; PRINTERS & SCANNERS; Select my Printer by NAME; THE NORMAL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL THEN SIMPLY FAILS AND...
  4. How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune: Hi, I'm trying to deploy printers for users in organization with Intune. Is it even possible to set the printers for users without doing it manually in settings? I've been using this source: Learn how to configure and publish Microsoft Universal Print for Windows 365 cloud...
  5. How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune

How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune: Hi, I'm trying to deploy printers for users in organization with Intune. Is it even possible to set the printers for users without doing it manually in settings? I've been using this source: Learn how to configure and publish Microsoft Universal Print for Windows 365 cloud...
  6. How to Deploy default printer all over the organization in Intune

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable

Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable: I know that I can navigate to:User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printersand enable:Turn off Windows default printer managementbut this does not prevent users, applications, things from re-enabling it.Is it possible to prevent this setting from...
  8. Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable: I know that I can navigate to:User Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printersand enable:Turn off Windows default printer managementbut this does not prevent users, applications, things from re-enabling it.Is it possible to prevent this setting from...
  9. Group Policy - Disable Let Windows Manage My Default Printer AND prevent Re-Enable

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 11 how to display current default printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 how to display current default printer?: I tried to find the view of the current default printer and came up with:Windows Tools/Control Panel/Device Manager/Printers - select printer, right click properties, click Settings TAB Click the Devices and Printers Folder button to see the printersIs there a means to see a...