Windows 10: default profile win10

Discus and support default profile win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by deptmgr, Aug 15, 2019.

1. deptmgr Win User

default profile win10

Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support only untouched default local and roaming profiles, but I hadn't seen that before yesterday.
    History, I have been running these labs for over 10 years using over 30 different softwares, and only Autocad has this issue, starting last year.

So; the issue, I did not back up the win 10 default profile before modifying it.
    Can I move/copy/merge/import the default profile from another computer, same model, os, etc?

:)

deptmgr, Aug 15, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done default profile win10 :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 15, 2019
  3. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Aug 15, 2019
  4. default profile win10

Missing Profile WIN10

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

I request you to check if your profile is listed under users list or not. Follow the below step and check:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type netplwiz in the box and hit enter.

If it is not listed, I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point where PC was working normally. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart
      under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.

Hope this helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

default profile win10

1. default profile win10 - Similar Threads - default profile win10

2. Win10 Profile List

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 Profile List: C\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\, profilelistprofileImagePathAA , profilelist B, BA 1. A 2. AAA [ATTACH]A. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/be807e38-812a-4884-8d69-4926a976eafc
  3. default profile win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    default profile win10: Hi, new here. I r idjit, I guess. I run some computer labs, and modified the default profile in 1903 win10. Now Autocad won't run for anyone but the local admin. It's interesting that their other programs run, Revit etc, just not Autocad. They say recently that they support...
  4. Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile: Hello, I'm building an image for my work (education environment) and my boss choose to use Windows 10 LTSB. I was trying to manual inject the customize account I did into the default profile? This will allow any user whom signs in to get the "look and feel" as well as the...
  5. Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile: Hello, I'm building an image for my work (education environment) and my boss choose to use Windows 10 LTSB. I was trying to manual inject the customize account I did into the default profile? This will allow any user whom signs in to get the "look and feel" as well as the...
  6. Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

in Windows 10 Support
  7. user profile Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    user profile Win10: How do I repair or replace my user profile in Windows10 that was corrupted during a shutdown failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-win10/a2f7d226-78c4-4ab6-87a4-133411eb0fd7
  8. Outlook Default Profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Default Profile: I am trying to install iCloud on my PC. I got a dialog box that said, "Setup can't continue because Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile. Check your Outlook settings and try again." I checked, and my Outlook settings show my only ID as the default profile....
  9. Default Profile

Default Profile: When I setup windows 10 I remove several apps and programs but every time a new domain user logs in it re-installs everything. Is there a way to setup a default profile when all users login? Thanks 34034
  10. "how to create a Default Profile without using SysPrep" Win10 REVIVE

"how to create a Default Profile without using SysPrep" Win10 REVIVE: Reviving an old thread from sevenforums with the intent on perfecting the process for Win10. here is the original thread link: https://www.sevenforums.com/customiz...ml#post1987294 I have replied to the original thread with the hope that someone may help me there, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setup cant continue outlook default profile