Windows 10: Default Program

Discus and support Default Program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to get back to the old Default Program Screen in Win 10. I'm using 10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.407 now. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skeetz, Nov 21, 2018.

1. skeetz Win User

Default Program

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to get back to the
    old Default Program Screen in Win 10. I'm using
    10 Pro version 1803 build 17134.407 now. I just
    don't like the way the new setup is.

Thanks much!

:)

skeetz, Nov 21, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Program :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Default programs are not working.

I recently received and update for my Windows 7 system and an automatic update for my Windows 10 system. Since then, default programs have been changed. The programs that were the default programs are no longer in the default program list. (ie. Word,
    Excel, Access and a variety of other programs.)

Clicking on Settings, Default Programs and Set Default Programs produces a list of 13 programs. There use to be and should be many more. Why screw with us like this with updates? PR is at an all time low.

I can find no way to add them back into the default list. Therefore, I can not change the default program to my choice. It looks like Edge is used to display most everything. Google.doc also used at times. Both of these programs are of an inferior design
    and usability.

Once again, it looks like Microsoft and Bill Gates have struck again. Does anybody have any solutions or suggestions to try?

lylethethumb, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Default Program

Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Default Program

1. Default Program - Similar Threads - Default Program

2. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry: Hello everyone, I'm trying to change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's through the registry keys in regedit. I had been trying but I couldn't find the right key in the right folder....
  3. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry: Hello everyone, I'm trying to change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's through the registry keys in regedit. I had been trying but I couldn't find the right key in the right folder....
  4. Change the default program explorer.exe of Google Chrome's "Save As" with registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...: How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is already set for Visual Studio Code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-set-the-xaml-default-program-for-visual/763c3a3e-8a80-4088-bf38-d5d656e8cb88
  6. How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...

How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...: How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is already set for Visual Studio Code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-set-the-xaml-default-program-for-visual/763c3a3e-8a80-4088-bf38-d5d656e8cb88
  7. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  8. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS: What does this mean? Create an association in the Default Programs on control panel. Cannot send emails becacause of :"no email associationto perform this action"........Have been using the same email address for years..but cannot send emails from certain sites like...
  9. add yahoo mail as default mail program in DEFAULT PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor: I'm trying to change the default program installation directory on my laptop to my D drive. Everything I've read online said to just change the ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 to the new drive path, however, do I not need to change the other directories to the D drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to set default program build 17134