Windows 10: Default programme for photos

Discus and support Default programme for photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I use PS Elements 18. I loaded it around September 2018 and set it as my default for opening photos after editing. However, after working on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bill Budd, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Bill Budd Win User

Default programme for photos

Hi,

I use PS Elements 18. I loaded it around September 2018 and set it as my default for opening photos after editing. However, after working on photographs today I opened one of the photos but it opened in Microsoft photos viewer. I then right clicked the photo and chose open with... and selected Adobe PS elements. Great so far, it opened as I wished. I closed the photo and opened another and it opened in the Microsoft photo again. It just kept doing that. Eventually I disabled it then opened a photo, after ensuring that PS was still selected, it opened in Paint 3D yet PS is still the preferred default!! I've done everything, Paint 3D won't let me disable or uninstall it.

Can someone explain why Widows 10 has suddenly started ignoring my default preferences?

Bill

:)

Bill Budd, Dec 12, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default programme for photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Make Photo Moto default photo app?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists. I suggest you to search for it in Search and pin it to Start Menu.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to search and type Photo Moto app. Right-click on it to pin it to Start menu.
    • Go to Search. Type Settings. Click on it open.
    • Click on System. Click on Default apps. Then follow the instructions from the link below to set Photo Moto as default app for Photos.
    Choose the apps Windows uses by default:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Default programme for photos

default programme to open photos and other images

Hi everyone

There are various things that Win10 annoys me about - one is that whenever I open an image - either a photo or from an internet site - Win10 automatically uses it's PhotoGallery programme and I do not like it - I want to be able to choose to use the old
    Microsoft Office Picture Manager. But there is no way that I have found to be able to set this as the default programme so I have to choose to "open with" each time. I have been into "default programmes" in "settings" but this only allows to save to "C"
    drive or "D" drive backup - there is not option to choose default programmes for individual actions like saving pictures, docs etc

Anyone have any solutions ???

valeriejoan, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Default programme for photos

1. Default programme for photos - Similar Threads - Default programme photos

2. I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip: I don't know what happened, I believe I clicked the Reset button in Settings, but now FireFox is linked as default program to zip files. I tried everything I could find on the Internet, like going to Settings and click the Reset button but that's how it happened in the first...
  3. I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip: I don't know what happened, I believe I clicked the Reset button in Settings, but now FireFox is linked as default program to zip files. I tried everything I could find on the Internet, like going to Settings and click the Reset button but that's how it happened in the first...
  4. I can't remove FireFox as the default programm for zip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Default photos app

Default photos app: As you can from the attached pictures, I have told Windows to use Snip & Sketch as my default image viewer.Yet despite this, every time I try to open a photo attached to an Outlook email, it keeps asking me what app to use.What is the fix please?ThanksMax...
  6. Photos Default Import

Photos Default Import: How can I set Photos import window "Select;" to "items since last import" as the default. Thanks 180126
  7. programmes

programmes: can anyone help ive two programmes that ive downloaded by accident but cannot uninstall them any help would be nice thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programmes/1da2c67f-b698-42f6-9cf4-8dec52ea5a20"
  8. default settings for photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    default settings for photos: I had Windows 10 installed on my computer and now it's the default setting for all of my photos. I have Photoshop CS5 and have always had it for my default for loading and opening my photos. How do I get it back. I have to open each one individually to get them into...
  9. Windows 10 default programmes

Windows 10 default programmes: Sorry Rob your answer to this question last January does not work for me. Quite simply Windows 10 does not recognise that it has Adobe Photoshop 6 in its system. Defaults will see photoshop Express but I want the full programme to open all my image files. Can you help with...
  10. Default Settings - Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Settings - Photos: I have installed a favorite alternate photo viewing and editing program on my laptop, and can not see it or access it when trying to set - change default photo program for photos. It seems I fight Windows 10 more than other times when I have successfully accomplished...