Windows 10: Default Registry key Hive?

Discus and support Default Registry key Hive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; is it possible to find a such template fr cross-referencing my new install with original defaults anywhere? I would like to check how clean my clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PositiveStriking, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Default Registry key Hive?

is it possible to find a such template fr cross-referencing my new install with original defaults anywhere? I would like to check how clean my clean install really is... I'm afraid I have a rootkit or some sort or a hyper-persistent RAT as I've re-installed my OS 15 times+ and still face issues the second I connect to the internet. Default Registry key Hive? :( I've taken most if not all of the normie precautions but I'm open for tips on advanced troubleshooting. It is a personal win10. Considering trying to run this new install offline in audit mode until I figure out what to do..

submitted by /u/PositiveStriking
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PositiveStriking, Sep 6, 2020
  2. KarelPoborski, Sep 6, 2020
  3. budi Win User
    Why windows 8 registry hive cannot be restored into windows 10

Why windows 8 registry hive cannot be restored into windows 10

I got onto windows 8 and:
    I saved /backed up HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT key into a file in registry hive format
    I saved /backed up HKEY_USERS\<user/my SID> key into a file in registry hive format
    I saved /backed up HKEY_USERS\<user/my SID>_classes key into a file in registry hive format

I just installed windows 10 somewhere else and got onto it and then restore the 3 hives without any effect, what's happened here and what'd be the solution ?

Many thankfulness in advancel

budi, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Default Registry key Hive?

Backup Registry Hives

As many of us knows that latest version of Windows 10 won't backup registry hives which could be needed when Windows 10 won't boot because of registry errors.

I have created batch script for backing up registry hives this batch script will create two folders at root of C: partition and stores copies of registry hives. The folder named Registry_Backups will contain newly created registry hives and previously created copies of registry hives, these previous backups will have OLD extension. The C:\Registry_Backups\RegOld folder contains previously created registry hive files with OLD extension. This batch script can be schedule to make backup copies of the registry hive files at any given time, i have setup a schedule to make sure my registry hives are backup at logon time.

Execute the batch script with administrative privileges.

Code:
    Please copy/paste batch scripts codes to Notepad and save it as RegBackup.bat.

FreeBooter, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Default Registry key Hive?

1. Default Registry key Hive? - Similar Threads - Default Registry key

2. Registry Hive Recovered Windows 7 X64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Hive Recovered Windows 7 X64: file: '\??\C:\System Volume Information\Syscache.hve' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-hive-recovered-windows-7-x64/d7889e2d-41d1-49d8-ace6-07040061489a
  3. Registry Hive Recovered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Hive Recovered: file: '\??\C:\System Volume Information\Syscache.hve' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-hive-recovered/d7889e2d-41d1-49d8-ace6-07040061489a
  4. Registry Hive Recovered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Hive Recovered: file: '\??\C:\System Volume Information\Syscache.hve' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-hive-recovered/d7889e2d-41d1-49d8-ace6-07040061489a
  5. Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key?: I am trying to determine if there is some reason for the Registry item to contain mentions of battle.net, when neither it or any blizzard product has been installed on the machine.Registry key in question:...
  6. Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Contents of GAMECONFIGSTORE Registry key?: I am trying to determine if there is some reason for the Registry item to contain mentions of battle.net, when neither it or any blizzard product has been installed on the machine.Registry key in question:...
  7. How-to explore \REGISTRY\A\ hive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How-to explore \REGISTRY\A\ hive?: This file does something in \REGISTRY\A\ hive.https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/21feafefb5eff856a47945000c079d7c8954caf877b03a31b34ea9a546da3d33/behaviorHow-to explore it?...
  8. Backup System Registry Hives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup System Registry Hives: Create backups of the system registry hives to C:\Registry_Backups folder. Code: :: Created By @Echo Off & Cls Echo. Echo. Call :IsAdmin If Not Exist C:\Registry_Backups (md C:\Registry_Backups) Else (Goto :Skip) If Not Exist C:\Registry_Backups\RegOld (Md...
  9. Backup Registry Hives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Registry Hives: As many of us knows that latest version of Windows 10 won't backup registry hives which could be needed when Windows 10 won't boot because of registry errors. I have created batch script for backing up registry hives this batch script will create two folders at root of C:...
  10. Backup Registry Hives

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup Registry Hives: As many of us knows that latest version of Windows 10 won't backup registry hives which could be needed when Windows 10 won't boot because of registry errors. I have created batch script for backing up registry hives this batch script will create two folders at root of C:...