Windows 10: Default save folder

Discus and support Default save folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I notice on two occasions when I downloaded a PDF from a web portal, it saved it under Network. Obviously, that is not where I want it to go. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hey there MSSW, May 21, 2020.

1. Default save folder

I notice on two occasions when I downloaded a PDF from a web portal, it saved it under Network. Obviously, that is not where I want it to go.

In Settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved, it just shows the C drive. There is no drop down menu.

Is there a way to set a particular folder within my C drive as my default save for all, whatever I download.

:)

Hey there MSSW, May 21, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, May 21, 2020
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 21, 2020
  4. Default save folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Default save folder

1. Default save folder - Similar Threads - Default save folder

2. Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder: This problem just started when Microsoft Photos updated in 2023. When I open a photo, edit it, and then click "save as", it wants to save in the last folder where I was working previously. I want it to go back to how it used to be and when you click "save as" , it saves into...
  3. Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Changing Default "Save As" folder: This problem just started when Microsoft Photos updated in 2023. When I open a photo, edit it, and then click "save as", it wants to save in the last folder where I was working previously. I want it to go back to how it used to be and when you click "save as" , it saves into...
  4. How to change default saving folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change default saving folders in Windows 10: HelloI used to customise where all attachments from outlook, saved webpages., Word doc, Excel,... pdf,....etc are saved by default.For some reason this has changed and now all go somewhere else in the C drive and every single time I have to type where it should go. This is...
  5. How to change default saving folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default saving folders in Windows 10: HelloI used to customise where all attachments from outlook, saved webpages., Word doc, Excel,... pdf,....etc are saved by default.For some reason this has changed and now all go somewhere else in the C drive and every single time I have to type where it should go. This is...
  6. How to change default saving folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Default download folder - fault - New documents will save to:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default download folder - fault - New documents will save to:: I can't change the default download setting for files in Win11.Its stuck on C folder.All documents I download go there.There are no options when I try to change the default folder.Anyone know how I can fix this?Thanks...
  8. Change Default Folder in "Save As" Window

Change Default Folder in "Save As" Window: [ATTACH] Currently save as dialog opens to “This PC” and a Domain Folder on a VPN Network which I rarely work on. Because I don’t normally connect to these folders it goes looking for them and takes a long time to determine that they are not there. I would like it to open...
  9. Default folder for saving Outlook attachments

Default folder for saving Outlook attachments: How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-folder-for-saving-outlook-attachments/30bfa635-da16-4722-b5b2-92ac35c9c2f1"
  10. save as (default)_

in Windows 10 Customization
    save as (default)_: Hi Dear Sir... My respect I don't know what happen but since a while when I "SAVE AS" an image it became with extention: .jfif I was before .jpg How i make win10 return to that "save as" default : .jpg Many thanks...