Windows 10: Default save locations for new images

Discus and support Default save locations for new images in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Every time I try to save a new image, windows tries to put it in documents I want to either put it on the desktop by default choose a location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenBrickwood, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Default save locations for new images

Hi

Every time I try to save a new image, windows tries to put it in documents

I want to either

1. put it on the desktop by default
    2. choose a location and have subsequent files save to the same location like apple

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

:)

BenBrickwood, Sep 16, 2020

2. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if the default location is saved as OneDrive and we need to change it to local drive in default storage location.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu and then click on Settings.

2. Click on Systems.

3. Then click on Storage.

4. Under Save Locations, change the location as This PC
    under New Documents will save to option.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 16, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Default save locations for new images

default location to save files is in a hidden folder

You could try setting the default save location to this PC and then when you initially save a file to a location on the PC, Office should then default to that location:

• Open MS Word
    • Click on the File menu item
    • Click on Options
    • Dialog box “Word Options” opens. Click on Save settings located on the left menu
    • On the right-hand side you will see a checkbox labeled “Save to computer by default”, check it and then click OK.

Default save locations for new images 7a9f0be9-dc96-4a16-9e15-1029ca1bc4a2.jpg

DaveM121, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Default save locations for new images

1. Default save locations for new images - Similar Threads - Default save locations

2. Default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  3. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  4. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  5. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Default Save As Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Save As Location: Greetings-Would like to know how to change the default Save As location for Windows 10 File Browser. Currently it is set to the Downloads folder but I like to expedite everything from my desktop to an external drive so I readily know where files are located.I had previosly...
  7. Default Save As Location

Default Save As Location: Greetings-Would like to know how to change the default Save As location for Windows 10 File Browser. Currently it is set to the Downloads folder but I like to expedite everything from my desktop to an external drive so I readily know where files are located.I had previosly...
  8. Default SAVE location

Default SAVE location: I am sick and tired of OneDrive. I go look for a document and can't find it on my PC because Excel or Word saved it to OneDrive How do I stop ANY programs WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, PDF editors, any from saving to OneDrive? I want the documents on my PC, not a OneDrive folder....
  9. Default save locations

Default save locations: I am able to see where I can change my default save locations, however, it only shows my (C:) drive and not my other drives on the network. Is it possible to add new locations, and if so, how?...
  10. Default save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default save location: I have a small SSD holding my OS, and a large HDD for everything else. I am trying to change the default install path to my storage drive, but when I go to settings, system, storage, I am unable to change the default install path to my storage drive (F:). Everything else...