Windows 10: Default save locations

Discus and support Default save locations in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am able to see where I can change my default save locations, however, it only shows my (C:) drive and not my other drives on the network. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bobby_Jo, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:12 PM.

1. Bobby_Jo Win User

Default save locations

I am able to see where I can change my default save locations, however, it only shows my (CDefault save locations :) drive and not my other drives on the network. Is it possible to add new locations, and if so, how?

:)

2. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

3. Geethu B Win User
    Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

4. Default save locations

Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if the default location is saved as OneDrive and we need to change it to local drive in default storage location.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu and then click on Settings.

2. Click on Systems.

3. Then click on Storage.

4. Under Save Locations, change the location as This PC
    under New Documents will save to option.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:13 PM
Thema:

Default save locations

1. Default save locations - Similar Threads - Default save locations

2. Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong: I changed the Save As Default location of my Documents folder to my D:\ drive, but the location now shows up as "D:\" and not "Documents." See screenshot below. Libraries are fine, but I can't seem to find how to change the name of this folder to the proper "Documents."...
  3. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...
  4. Default Save Location and Location Tab

Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....
  5. Saving file location defaults

Saving file location defaults: So specifically with PDF files. When I do a "save as" or sign with a digital signature, it brings up the explorer window. The explorer window opens to the file location of the last file I saved a PDF in. I would like explorer to default the the folder the file I am working...
  6. How to set default save locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set default save locations: How to set oe change default save locations MS Win 10 e.g. Pictures & Documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-default-save-locations/33862145-e205-4325-baa6-eab1f26c22b6
  7. MS Paint - default 'Save As" location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint - default 'Save As" location: Hello, I read through a very old post that had the same issue, but no solution. We use Paint a lot for work. We take photos, transfer them to the server folder location we need them. Then open them in paint to edit. Go to Save-As and, being so used to the way it worked...
  8. Setting default save location?

Setting default save location?: I have a friend who is asking me for some help with her computer. It's a fairly basic issue but I'm afraid I don't know the answer so I thought I'd try here. Some of her programs are saving to OneDrive, otherwise known as The Cloud. She strongly prefers to save to her own...
  9. Default save location

Default save location: I have a small SSD holding my OS, and a large HDD for everything else. I am trying to change the default install path to my storage drive, but when I go to settings, system, storage, I am unable to change the default install path to my storage drive (F:). Everything else...
  10. Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to change default save location to OneDrive: I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit. Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want. After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive I want...